PDA

View Full Version : clockwise? or counter clockwise?

jamcool
07-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Guys,
Have being having a little chat with some friends and would love to hear from others on this.:)
Fan motors and blades,some motors are either cw or ccw in rotation,some are dual and can be switched as to your application,now! the thing we have being talking about in my little circle is,Fan blades,if a fan blade is designed for a cw rotation and is used on a ccw motor u would experience some problems,hope right so far:confused:to read the rotation some say its done from shaft end and some from motor end,from motor end a motor says cw from shaft end it says ccw, APART FROM RUNNING THE MOTOR,if the application calls for air being pulled over the motor(ccw) to aid in cooling how else can one determin the fan blade type to use with such a motor:confused: :)

US Iceman
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Try this link jamcool. We talked about this some time ago:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4544&highlight=blade

Hope that helps clear up the mystery.;)

frank
07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
to aid in cooling how else can one determin the fan blade type to use with such a motor:confused:

I've just this last week had the same problem. Ordered a replacement fan motor and blade for a Williams cond unit (walk in chill room).

Next day the replacement kit arrived and was duly fitted but on start up it 'blew' instead of 'sucked' hence no or little air flow over the coil.

It took a further 4 days for a CCW blade to arrive.

When you view the blade edge on the leading edge of the blade should be on the left. (at the back).

When you view a CW blade the leading edge is on the right.

It took hell of a job to convince 3 local suppliers that you just can't flip the blade over. :rolleyes:

US Iceman
07-07-2006, 09:25 PM
It took hell of a job to convince 3 local suppliers that you just can't flip the blade over.

Now Frank... Don't you feel better knowing you have trained three suppliers?:rolleyes:

jamcool
07-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up:) have won another bet:) if i keep at it maybe in another 80 years just by winning bets i can be a rich man:D

US Iceman
08-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up:) have won another bet:) if i keep at it maybe in another 80 years just by winning bets i can be a rich man:D

I hope you are making enough $$ off of your bets to buy the moderators here a brew.:D

jamcool
08-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Red Stripe Beer by the case :)

frank
09-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Red Stripe Beer by the case :)

Thats not BEER - I'd class it as MOUTHWASH :D :p

jamcool
10-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Drink it and u can talk to the GIRLS up close and personal:D :) after 6 bottles u wont care what u wash:)