PDA

View Full Version : caravell bottle cooler

jon007
04-07-2006, 09:13 PM
hi does it mean the compressor is not pumping when there seems to be enough gas and it statrs for a few secounds then cuts out. the gauges dont move. where can i get a new one? model bch901sv

frank
04-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.

Please don't multiple post the same question in different areas of the forum.

If one of the members can help you then I'm sure he will.

Have patience, as not all members are on line at the same time. Different parts of the world have different time zones. :)

Enjoy your stay.

davej
04-07-2006, 09:30 PM
hi jon007,

sounds like the compressor is seizing up, you should confirm the coimpressor is tripping off on its overload. also check the relay and capacitors are okay if they are any fitted.
i would imagine the compressor or an eqivelant to be available from any good wholsaler

jon007
05-07-2006, 05:30 PM
cheers for that. there was a clicking noise at front of comp so i take it that must be the overload. not sure where relay is and how to check it? also can u check a capacitor with out a megga?

Abe
05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
cheers for that. there was a clicking noise at front of comp so i take it that must be the overload. not sure where relay is and how to check it? also can u check a capacitor with out a megga?

Try a different cap of same rating
but from what you say, i feel comp is gone......
Fit a new one

slingblade
06-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Yes; Apply 240 volts to charge it up then plonk it on the back of your apprentices neck! If he wets his pants the cap is ok:D

LOL.

and your pot is goosed jon007. buzz click, buzz click.
double door back bar bottle cooler, any 1/5 hp mbp/hbp pot will do, i assume its r134a.

jon007
06-07-2006, 08:33 PM
yes it is a double door back bar bottle cooler. as i say comp ran for few seconds then there is a click then goes off and cuts in again within a minute and does same again. tryed to get comp from HRP but they could not help they gave me caravell number as they said they are the only ones who can supply them. slingblade you say any 1/5 hp motor will do? just might have to make fit.yes it is on r134a

slingblade
06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Not done a caravell for a while, and they all look
the same to me anyway. the load on a double door cooler is around 1/5 hp. if you look in your hrp price list {you said you spoke to hrp so i assume you have one} for a 1/5 hp 134a mbp or hbp pot it will do the job. the only thing to watch for is the height of the replacement especially if it has the condensate tray on top. back in the dim and distant past when i did these i stuck a tin foil meat pie tray on with glue and bent the edges down to save space. any wholesaler will supply nrs, dean 'n' wood, etc. just depends where your nearest is, £90 tops.

jon007
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
cheers i will call them tomorrow. many thanks

Abe
06-07-2006, 10:15 PM
cheers i will call them tomorrow. many thanks

Fit a Embraco, get it from RPW
Remember to ask for a capacitor as well
You want a High Back Pressure
Tell them around 1/5 hp. they will know the one.
If u have probs, ask, I will give you the Tamworth number