PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AC not running

Team York
03-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi can anybody help,

We are looking at a Fujitsu AOY54RBA3L split with an underslung inside unit. I have the three phases to the outdoor unit and also the single phase to the indoor unit, the fan run's indoors but the control signal to the outdoor unit is only 120v is this right or should the signal be 240v.

Any ideas as to why the compressor will not run:rolleyes:

Cheers

frank
03-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Any ideas as to why the compressor will not run:rolleyes:
Obviously something is interupting the control circuit.

Are there any fault codes showing on the controller?

slingblade
03-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I do have a fair idea why it does not run as this i right up my particular street of expertise, however due to certain recent redundancies i would not urinate on someone who calles himself/herself "TEAM" york if he/she were on fire.

Do what i do, get a meter and figure it out yourself.

Mohammed Qasim
04-07-2006, 12:31 AM
If you want to know the right voltage weather it is 120 or 240 v. then simply check the contactor voltage ,if it is 240 v the the signal must be 240 .IF you find that the voltage must be 240 and you have 120 first check the wiring to the indoor unit carefully specially the ground wiring,after all check the control board you will
find may a relay controls the signal to the outdoor unit
check it ,almost it runs by 12 V. DC if its voltage are correct then the possibilities are open .

NoNickName
04-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I do have a fair idea why it does not run as this i right up my particular street of expertise, however due to certain recent redundancies i would not urinate on someone who calles himself/herself "TEAM" york if he/she were on fire.

Do what i do, get a meter and figure it out yourself.

:D:D:D:D This is exactly my first thought when I read the post.:D:D:D A team should have at least one professional trouble shooter :D:D:D

bebad
04-07-2006, 12:18 PM
R407.c. 3 phase? 240v coil to contactor, installed many, never had this problem thou, NNNNNNNNNNNNeutral

Jase
04-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I believe that the Fujitsu control signal is always 120v at all times. Something to do with fuzzy logic.
As for the comp not running then there may be a fault within the pcb. Good luck!

Regards
Jase

davej
04-07-2006, 09:39 PM
ouch, some bad feelings there eh.
they that bad?

bebad
05-07-2006, 12:05 PM
definately 240v signal for control circuit from indoor board

Team York
05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the help lad's I got it sorted in the end, dodgy discharge sensor.
As for slingblade, it's Yorks policy to cut out tossers, any decent engineer would have been relocated or another company would have snapped you up. Redundancy is a part of life GET OVER IT!!

slingblade
05-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the help lad's I got it sorted in the end, dodgy discharge sensor.
As for slingblade, it's Yorks policy to cut out tossers, any decent engineer would have been relocated or another company would have snapped you up. Redundancy is a part of life GET OVER IT!!

LMFAO.
I have never nor will i ever work for York. It was not an engineering position i was refering to nor was it myself, and given it is Johnson controls who runs the show these days i would watch what you say. Tosser indeed, LOL.

p.s. congratualtions on mending a split a/c unit, these can be very tricky indeed.