PDA

View Full Version : bev air problems. Help

ctct
28-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Recently just replaced A locked compressor in a bevereage air prep table. sp60-16. 134a. New drier. Evacuated and recharged. Problem is high side pressure is near 170 and low near vacum and would stay there after startup. So i replaced the cap tube thinking there may be a restriction, same problem low side is slightly higher. And box temp won't budge below 49deg Any ideas on something i may be missing, or where I can get a perfoemance chart for this unit. Thanks for any help you can give.

wambat
28-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Turn it off and see how fast it equaizies it should be less then 4 minutes, If longer you may have a restrictionin liquid line/cap tube/strainer

ctct
29-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Pressure equilizes pretty quickly, Plus the drier and cap tube are new. Also I check for restirictions while the compressor was out. It was about 82Deg with somewhat high humidity. The evaporator was icing up at the inlet so I added alittle more gas. pressures are now 10 and 185. this seems kind of high to me, especially because it;s not cooling as it should.

wambat
29-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Go to 20# on the low side

ctct
29-06-2006, 06:33 AM
those pressures don't seem high? I"ll try it and see what hapens. Thanks

ctct
29-06-2006, 11:04 PM
brought the low up to 15 high to 195, seems to be running good.

HHC
12-07-2006, 05:01 AM
I have a similar problem (if it is a problem). I have a Beverage-Air DD58 (Direct Draw Beer Cooler). I just replaced the compressor, and the unit seems to be running well -- cools fine, but the pressures seem wrong. The suction pressure is between 8 and 10 psig; condensing pressure (taken at the end of the condenser) is in the 180 to 190 psig range. Condenser subcooling is around 24 degrees F; suction superheat (measured at the end of the evaporator) is between 17 and 26 degreees F. All of this is in 80-90 degree F ambient.

The subcooling at the condenser is too high, from what I understand, indicating a possible overcharge, but I'm afraid that if I remove any refrigerant I'll be pulling a vacuum. Any thoughts?

By reading other threads, I can tell that one of the answers I'll get back is, "If it's cooling properly, you don't have a problem." I'll accept that answer, but I want to be sure I'm not going to damage the new compressor I just put in (or cause any other problem with the unit down the road).