PDA

View Full Version : Elliwell digital controller

chenkang
26-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Hi all,

i've running 5 control switch board each controlled with elliwell 974 digital controller for respective cold room, it often problems occurs with elliwell 974 (probe problem, timing problem, setting running problems etc...:mad:), any alternative for the above digital controller:confused: or any technical advise.

Thanks.

p/s: no problems with Main current supply & refrigeration systems...

Peter_1
26-06-2006, 06:34 PM
We installed at least hundred Eliwells (mostly 974) the last years and never experienced any problems with it.

wizzer
26-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Only problems we've had are with the 240 volt models the 12 volt range is fantastic

NoNickName
27-06-2006, 09:28 AM
eliwell is good, but if you want some other brand try Dixell

old gas bottle
27-06-2006, 07:48 PM
elliwells are probley one the best available,most problems are understanding and setting the parameters,once you have done a few there easey and very reliable,only things to watch are---dont swich any load exept controlls as the relays are small,allways have the end of the probe faceing upward to stop water ingress and i allways site it inside the end panel,valve side on the top run of the coil loop,that way its at the coldest point and stops any ice formation, good units.

chenkang
29-06-2006, 03:04 PM
=dont swich any load exept controlls as the relays are small,allways have the end of the probe faceing upward to stop water ingress and i allways site it inside the end panel,valve side on the top run of the coil loop,that way its at the coldest point and stops any ice formation, good units.

Magic words, try out and problems solve!!! Great Helps :D "OGB", thanks alot...:p

jollygreengiant
02-09-2006, 12:46 PM
well i have the two probes are high temp and when the unit is on it rises im using id 974 ,have you ever come across this problem buddy ,100 fitted you must have had a sniffle??

Peter_1
02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Switch parameter H00 in the CnF section from 1 to 0 or vice-versa and very important... because this isn't mentioned in any manual, switch then the power on and off for some seconds.
Only then the new programming will take affect.
Your device is now programmed for the wrong probe (a PTC instead of an NTC or vice-versa)

donhoban
12-09-2006, 12:38 PM
(a PTC instead of an NTC or vice-versa)

The default for the ID974 is NTC probes, but as you say this can be switched. The old EWPC974 can only be used with PTC, the old EWPX974 can only use NTC

For what it's worth Dixell was formed by a bunch of the original Eliwell people, so is very similar!

Bones
06-11-2006, 10:45 AM
for what its worth, i find the carel ir33 range of controllers fairly good, followed by the dixel xr range - i have personally only installed a few elliwell controlers (when local suppliers had none of the others), once you get how to program it up they too work quite well.

Peter_1
07-11-2006, 08:08 AM
well i have the two probes are high temp and when the unit is on it rises im using id 974 ,have you ever come across this problem buddy ,100 fitted you must have had a sniffle??

Is you problem solved in the meantime?:o :rolleyes:

Kaka
25-09-2009, 06:57 AM
for what its worth, i find the carel ir33 range of controllers fairly good, followed by the dixel xr range - i have personally only installed a few elliwell controlers (when local suppliers had none of the others), once you get how to program it up they too work quite well.

I think IR33 range is good too.. outlook is better then the 974

goshen
25-09-2009, 11:36 AM
hi all i go along with peter1 we have installed hundreds of these ID974 controles with almost no problemes
we however do not connect loads directely to the device but use control relayes as mentioned by" old gas"