PDA

View Full Version : More LG

Andy W
26-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Had another 10 kw cooling only wall mount compressor elbow crack losing all the gas, when will it all end, 4 LG's broke down under warranty in less than 2 weeks and my distributor says save your breath regarding warranty labour allowances.

I heard today that Daikin sell directly them selves now adays and are better on price than they used to be. Any comments anybody?

Abe
26-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Give Daikin a call.

01213 778686
0116 2750915

Brian_UK
26-06-2006, 06:50 PM
We're going to have to have a dedicated LG forum soon methinks ;)

Abe
26-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Andy

The crack was on an elbow. Could you pse elaborate where, or is poss some pics,

Andy W
26-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Andy

The crack was on an elbow. Could you pse elaborate where, or is poss some pics,I dont have a picture but imagine the compressor suction stub which sits horizontally, LG braze a 3/4" elbow in to the stub pointing down and the elbow cracks just above the vertical socket of the elbow, an hair line crack. Apparently they are aware of it as it is very common but deny all knowledge of its existance, LG even fitted an anaconda to one at a site that I know of as a trial but made the guys swear not to tell anyone about it then denied all knowledge of doing it when word got out. There technical boffins reason behind the fracture is because no fan speed control or delay timers are fitted and they are apparently designed for the residential market running for a maximum of 3 hours per day. LG moved the goal posts when all the problems started appearing.

frank
26-06-2006, 07:15 PM
they are apparently designed for the residential market running for a maximum of 3 hours per day.

Must be more energy efficient than an inverter controlled unit then :D :D

Andy W
26-06-2006, 07:15 PM
We're going to have to have a dedicated LG forum soon methinks ;)I was thinking exactly the same, I feel so strongly that a company as big as LG can accuse us all as been untrained or cowboys just to wash there hands of all the problems. As a protest how bad the product is a section solely for LG should be created with headings for fan speed controllers and how to link them out to get the fans running in an emergency, condensate pumps, leaking cassettes and wall mounts, faulty compressors and the reasons behind why they are failing, hard wired remote controllers failing to operate the on/off timers, the faults are endless.

frank
26-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Having only worked on a few LG's (loss of gas etc.) and having avoided them like the plague when offering systems to potential/existing customers, I doubt I'll be able to have much input to the new (proposed) forum. :(

But :) - I will enjoy reading about all the complaints, faults, deficiencies, poor workmanship, wiring anomalies, build quality, manufacturers excuses etc.etc. from the rest of you guys out there at the thick end of it. :D

Abe
26-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks Andy,

Im just worried about the " loads" of LG I have installed, but fortunately bulk will be out of warranty soon. still, I still care about my credibility, so am hoping that none will crack, leak, die...........or whatever these things like to do.

and Frank, stop laughing at our misfortunes!!!
:D :D

Andy W
26-06-2006, 10:00 PM
What are you installing in place of the LG Abe?

Brian_UK
26-06-2006, 10:35 PM
What are you installing in place of the LG Abe?"Anything" I think will be Abe's reply:D

US Iceman
27-06-2006, 12:56 AM
But :) - I will enjoy reading about all the complaints, faults, deficiencies, poor workmanship, wiring anomalies, build quality, manufacturers excuses etc.etc. from the rest of you guys out there at the thick end of it.:D

Frank, if I didn't know better I would swear you are hinting at something.:rolleyes:

After reading some of the problems the guys have been having I'll stick to my old favorite... ammonia systems.:cool:

Abe
27-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Andy

Ive started installing Fujitsu, and Im quoting both Mitsubishi and Daikin as alternatives

frank
27-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Frank, if I didn't know better I would swear you are hinting at something.:rolleyes:

What makes you think that Iceman :D

Brian_UK
27-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Has anyone noticed that the quickest way to get as many answers as quickly as possible is to put 'LG' in the title of the thread?? :p ;)

Andy W
27-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Has anyone noticed that the quickest way to get as many answers as quickly as possible is to put 'LG' in the title of the thread?? :p ;)I think probably because most engineers have been unfortunate enough to experience LG and probably want to see what problems others have had. LG themselves could learn a bit about there own products by visiting this forum and LISTENING to engineers.:mad:

Brian_UK
27-06-2006, 10:28 PM
. LG themselves could learn a bit about there own products by visiting this forum and LISTENING to engineers.:mad:We did have someone from LG on board a while ago but they dissappeared, I wonder why:o

Latte
28-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Hi Guys

LG did try modifying the suction pipes and put a loop in them to try and sort out the cracking elbow problem.
Needless to say it didnt work.

I think it is poor standard of copper elbows because the one's that i have changed have not come back in since.

Regards

Fatboy

Andy W
28-06-2006, 07:29 AM
We did have someone from LG on board a while ago but they dissappeared, I wonder why:oThat guy is a joke and the one who says "dont tell anyone" he can never recollect conversations denies there are faults even when pointed out by more than one person and generally doesn't want to know and that is coming from my wholesaler!:eek:

Abe
28-06-2006, 10:06 AM
That guy is a joke and the one who says "dont tell anyone" he can never recollect conversations denies there are faults even when pointed out by more than one person and generally doesn't want to know and that is coming from my wholesaler!:eek:

I second that............

Andy W
30-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Had a modern 5.4 kw wall mount not switching off last night, once the mains power was switched off then back on it cleared the fault and would respond to the controller again.

Not very faith reassuring.

old time fridgy
30-06-2006, 04:55 PM
A dedicated LG forum:eek: , we need a new web site. Lets just keep the LG thing going like before with what LG stands for we had quite a few before. Low Grade, Lost Gas, Looks Good, Lousy Goods etc etc is it really endless and now they have appointed some new distributors to sell thier kit and and no doubt tell us (THE INSTALLERS) that we did not install it properly. I for one have voted with my feet and walked away from installing it as you can only stand the cost of so many recalls before you begin to Lose Goodfaith (i can't stop this LG thing). :confused:

S_Line
30-06-2006, 05:13 PM
yep its always the installers fault :lol:
Not the fact that the LG units are really poor quality, i just feel sorry for the Technical team at LG, as they cant agree the LG Unit is really bad can they ? But im sure off record they would :lol:

S_Line
30-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Andy

Ive started installing Fujitsu, and Im quoting both Mitsubishi and Daikin as alternatives

We have stuck to Mitsi Heavy for the past 3 years and have NEVER ! had a fault !

a crossed wire, a miss program code yes, but NEVER a real fault with a Mitsi Heavy and we have installed over 800Ks worth in the last 3 years so we are sticking to Mitsi Heavy, now with the New Inverter Cassettes going up pto 14 K.W of Cooling its a kick in the teeth for Daikin....

But Daikin have the Ace Card ...........

5 year warranty anyone ;)

Andy W
30-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Been on another 10 kw unit this afternoon, sick of the site of LG now, I have not purchased any LG this year at all, been all Fujitsu but my Fujitsu wholesaler Oceanair have just been appointed LG distributors aaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhh!

Did you know that Climate Centre are ditching Fujitsu this year and going on to Samsung and another brand I have been informed by a Samsung wholesaler, don't know if there is any truth in it.

Mickvee
02-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Your right Andy thay are selling Samsung, but not sure about Fujitsu.

Andy W
05-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Been on another 2 LG's this afternoon, I fitted a new compressor and fan speed controller to one machine a couple of months ago and the fan speed controller has packed up (again) and the compressor was passing hot gas through the pressure releif valve, on the second machine which had previously had a fan speed board, the fans were running half speed and one fan backwards, both the fan capacitors are faulty, had 1 spare cap off another LG so managed to leave 1 condenser fan on. I wish I could just wash my hands of LG altogether.

Temprite
14-08-2006, 01:27 PM
G'day chaps.

Was working on an LG inverter wall mount today S18AHN.

Customer complained that unit would sometimes make a beeping sound and then stop working.

Checked unit out and found it to be working perfectly.Left unit running and went and called LG's tech support line.

When I quoted the model and the complaint from the customer, they informed me that on heating the front panel warps slightly and will cause the forced operation switch to turn the unit on or off intermittently.:eek:

Solution: Remove the switch and shave a small amount from it.:D

Andy W
15-08-2006, 07:35 AM
When I quoted the model and the complaint from the customer, they informed me that on heating the front panel warps slightly and will cause the forced operation switch to turn the unit on or off intermittently.:eek:

Solution: Remove the switch and shave a small amount from it.:DMy argument with LG was why did they not issue technical bulletins to engineers of problems and there fixes, if they had we may have had a different opinion of them.

Abe
15-08-2006, 06:07 PM
My argument with LG was why did they not issue technical bulletins to engineers of problems and there fixes, if they had we may have had a different opinion of them.

Technical buletins will go a long way to inbibing confidence in the product.

It alerts us to problems and assists rectification and improvements to product design.

The manufacturerer on the other hand may feel that the impact will be negative and showing a weakness.

Transparency and honesty will always rate highly in my opinion.