PDA

View Full Version : That time of year again

headgasket
25-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Just like to bring up this old chestnut again, was on call last week fell a sleep a the wheel twice on too different nights in a row, for what, handed in my notice the next day, whats happened to the 48hr week mine is 63hrs average or was.

Sir Josiah Sodd
25-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes. That old chestnut again.......

It's you who will be criminally liable if you fall asleep at the wheel and have an accident, not your employer.

You can quite properly refuse excessive overtime.
They may not like it, but it will give you time to find a more understanding employer.

Brian_UK
25-06-2006, 04:37 PM
The 48 hour limit is the maximum that the firm can make you work. Even if you have signed a disclaimer you do not HAVE to work more than 48hrs.

Don't leave on a bad note if you can help it; mind you if the firm warrant it then good luck with your future.

Abe
25-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Head gasket

This is a copy of the European Working Time Directive
Our Courts are obliged to enforce this as it is Directly effective and has been incoprporated within UK statute

http://www.incomesdata.co.uk/information/worktimedirective.htm

bernard
26-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry the job didn,t work out for you but is there such a thing as a perfect job?Firstly you need and a good employer then a good engineer (which you are), then you have to negotiate your terms over a period of time to create your perfect job.A good company will always find a place for a worthy engineer.Just my thoughts,all the best for the future.

Regards Bernard:)