PDA

View Full Version : Uv In Blast Chillers

r600a-bang
23-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Just to let everyone know about some interesting test results we have had back from an independent test lab

My company is currently researching the advantages and disadvantages of using UV lighting in blast chillers to kill bacteria
We got hold of the brand leaders who offer this extra on there cabinets and had them sent to an independent lab to see what the performance was like and how efficient UV was killing bacteria.

The results basically showed that most brand leaders are having us on!!!!!

Most manufacturers are putting the UV tube behind glass to protect against breakage, rendering the low powered (5-10w) UV tube useless

UV light will not pass thru glass, or Perspex the only glass it will pass thru is quarts glass and Teflon

Yet another gimmick that when incorrectly fitted is a complete waste of time and money!!!

The Manufacturers to look out for if you want UV that works will have the bulb behind thin quartz glass, Teflon or be hidden behind the evaporator coil and will have TWO switches as safety devices on the door to protect the user if a switch is defective. UV that kills 99.9% of bacteria in 8 minutes will also damage your eyes and skin

old gas bottle
24-06-2006, 08:14 AM
nice one cheers.

Johnny Rod
27-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Good point about the glass! UV lamps are commonly used in pure water systems esp. storage tanks to kill the bugs, not sure what sort of power though. You could look up Millipore or Vivendi for details.

S.K.VARDE
30-06-2006, 08:04 AM
I had applied UV for bread manufacturing unit at their cooling tunnel.

Your experience will definately give me add. I learnt the correct application of UV.

Thanks Bang.