PDA

View Full Version : LG problem

Slim R410a
21-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Fitted my first (and last) LG floor standing split in december and a week later replaced the compressor under warranty due to the suction bend leaking.

Worked fine, ran nearly 24/7 until today when it was not cooling or heating. Took the 200 screws out of the outdoor just to remove the cover, compressor was running but no heat coming from the discharge. Put gauges on every schreader, but each one was the same, reading the head pressure around 7 bar. (R22) Checked the resistance on the comp, all windings read the same. (3 phase)

Any help much appreciated, I'm sure from reading a lot of threads theres a few engineers with LG experience!

andy bailess
21-06-2006, 05:19 PM
If the suction is reading the same as the head and the compressor is running then i'm afraid to say its a non pumper or the hot gas valve is stuck mid position.

Andy W
21-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Also dont forget if the fan speed board has been working intermittemtly before finally stopping, the internal presure releif valve blows off until it burns the comprosser out, I know...........I have been there!:eek:

Is the compressor making a loud hissing noise?

Slim R410a
22-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Not making a hissing noise but seems a lot louder than it was at first.
I dont think it could be the reversing valve bocked as the discharge pipe straight off the comp is only luke warm if that!

NoNickName
22-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Turning the other way around. Did anybody reversed the phase sequence on the main breaker or distribution board between the installation and now?

old time fridgy
22-06-2006, 04:40 PM
have had a few reverse valves passing on LG kit and it appears as if the compressor is not pumping so i would look at that option or as some else previously stated check for phase reversal as they are scrolls in those units but some models have got phase reversal protection. back to LG (Looks Good dont work etc,etc)