PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

HGS
19-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I am a ref ing working with Gas compressores and propylen plants onboard LNG carriers and tankers around the world,Its a good forum i can see.
I am currently on my way from a oilrig in the north see to Le Havre in france with 200.000 ton of oil.:)

US Iceman
19-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi HGS,

Welcome to RE forums. We hope to hear more from you and your experiences and questions. You have an interesting job.:)

Abe
19-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Welcome HGS.

Would be nice if you could post some pictures from that oil tanker

HGS
20-06-2006, 07:08 AM
I will put out some pictures when i come back home as they are in my laptop.We just arrive in Le Havre and i am flying back to Denmark this evening.Then Thursday in the office in Norway and of on the 3 Juli to Korea for a newbuilding.So only few days rest.

Abe
20-06-2006, 08:57 AM
That would be really great, and add a new dimension to this forum.

Take care on your travels

maheshkumar
20-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi,
I m working with an R&D based in the field of air-conditioning & refrigeration. Currently I m enhancing my technical capability. Now I m plannning to move to other countries for applying my skills over there.

Yours

Mahesh

AMARNATH JHA
21-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Welcome to this forum
AMARNATH JHA

Josip
21-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi, HGS :)

welcome on RE forum.

When you catch some free time, please, tell us something more about compressors you have there, control and safety system.

I believe this will be interesting for onshore REs

Best regards,

Josip :)

HGS
28-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi Josip.
I am sorry for the late reply but i have been busy.

I have 2 ps of ERZNER 536 running on the cargo side and 1 Erzner 436 running for the propylen plant.They are driven with steam turbine.The system is control with our own system.
I dont know if you know the compressors but the 2 big is 3 tons heavy pr compressor so you dont just take them under your arm and run away( I know i just chanced one in the port of Fawley in England)

I still has to post some pictures but i am on a ship again. It will come later

Best Regards
HGS

US Iceman
28-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi HGS,

Are the compressors centrifugal, screw, or large recip's?

Would you know the companies website where I can find some additional information?

I have worked on designs for propylene systems before, but they all used screw compressors. And they were all land based.

Hope to learn more about your area.

Best Regards,
US Iceman

Josip
28-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Hi, HGS :)

I have 2 ps of ERZNER 536 running on the cargo side and 1 Erzner 436 running for the propylen plant.They are driven with steam turbine.The system is control with our own system.
I dont know if you know the compressors but the 2 big is 3 tons heavy pr compressor so you dont just take them under your arm and run away( I know i just chanced one in the port of Fawley in England)

Must be this factory:

http://www.aerzener.com/publicity/xenario/internet_d.nsf/?Open

They are a big screws (still with or without gearbox ;) ). First Sabroe screws were Aerzner, if my memory is good sizes 236, 336, 436 and 536. Good compressors.

Best regards,

Josip :)