Fluid = R123
T generation = 100 °Cs
T evaporation = +5°C
T condensation = +45°C

but as the eiector it is calculated? :confused:

Erik Detroit
18-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Could you restate your question.

If you are building an ejector refrigeration cycle, have you decided what to use for a liquid pump?

I also have investigated this cycle and it seems like ~10% thermal efficiency will be typical for a simple cycle and such a high lift, so you'll have ~10 square meters of solar collector?

Gelante
19-06-2006, 11:08 PM
The only problem remained, is the performance of the ejector cooling system,
The performance of an ejector cooling system is affected by the working fluid selected, the ejector design and manufacturing, and the system process.
The solar ejector cooling has an optimum overall COP around 0.22 at generating temperature 95°C, evaporating temperature 8°C and solar radiation at 700 w/m2
I have built a small solar concentrator to try the new circuit refrigerator,
But I have difficulty to find a correct ejector.

Erik Detroit
21-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I have difficulty also, and I do not think there is anyone building ejectors with geometry optimized for refrigerants. In fact you would have to build the ejector yourself to suit your ratio of motive (jet) mass flow rate, and suction flow rate.

Fox valve www.foxvalve.com makes some nice small ejectors that may work somewhat, maybe well enough for proof of concept? (they are designed for air).

Regards,
Erik

Gelante
22-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Kind Mr.
ErikDetroit

thanks for the informazioni,i know that won't be easy, but for this that I want to try.
Regards,
Gelante

Gelante
22-06-2006, 05:44 PM
This is the answer......

Sorry - we can't help you on this one!

We look forward to working with you! And thanks again.

Larry Fox
Fox Venturi Eductors from Fox Valve Development Corp.
Dover NJ USA
973 328 1011 fax 3651

tomswift
22-06-2006, 07:43 PM
It can be done. I made 41deg F (5degC)yesterday, using an ejector, from 160 degree F. (71degC) thermal source. Cycled it too. Need funding to commercialize it. Any ideas? What were you going to do?

Erik Detroit
22-06-2006, 09:10 PM
My impression of Fox valve is that they have some ejector designs which they are producing, but there is only maybe 1 guy there that is an engineer to design the ejector. You will not be able to get any help from them on application.

I have a few of their small ejectors, and I think they are roughly the size needed for a proof of concept machine. You will have to do the calculations to pick an ejector. Larger ejectors off the shelf can also be bought at www.johnernst.com these are very rough looking cast and machined ejectors, I have not seen them myself.

tomswift, did you measure your COP or thermal efficiency? How are you handling the pump and working fluid questions?

Regards,
Erik

Gelante
22-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks Erik .

information I have asked to the firm for John Ernst Co. I think that this is the correct road.

Regards,
Gelante

tomswift
28-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Check out my solution at www.matterandenergy.com

Watch the animation of the patented and patent pending processes.

US Iceman
28-07-2006, 02:36 PM
A couple of comments for tomswift:

First, that's a catchy name for an inventor.:D

I remember reading those books when I was a lot younger, they were geat!

Second, the invention looks very promising. I will have to spend some more time with the website.

Thanks for posting that.

loranos
21-12-2009, 07:37 PM
there is a book for ejector refrigeration ? please if annbody have a book show me the book ,i 'm waiting
tanks

tempure
24-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Great post.............

tomswift
06-05-2010, 03:01 PM
So, did you check out my website? Did you watch the video? Do you 'buy' it?
Just in case.. matterandenergy dot com