PDA

View Full Version : L'unite compressor electrical problem

r600a-bang
16-06-2006, 10:53 PM
hello i have been called to a calorex heat pump with the fault of "no heating". the system is calling for cooling and there is power to the compressor but the compressor is not starting or attempting to start. when i put a multi meter on the C S R terminals, i have 230 on all three!!!! when my multi meter was on the C, the trip went

im going to change the comp but would be interested if anyone had any ideas why my meter would show these readings

rbartlett
17-06-2006, 12:00 AM
hello i have been called to a calorex heat pump with the fault of "no heating". the system is calling for cooling and there is power to the compressor but the compressor is not starting or attempting to start. when i put a multi meter on the C S R terminals, i have 230 on all three!!!! when my multi meter was on the C, the trip went

im going to change the comp but would be interested if anyone had any ideas why my meter would show these readings

you've lost the netural

cheers

richard

r600a-bang
17-06-2006, 12:24 AM
there is a neutral going to the comp, i have checked with my multi meter. its when i disconnect each terminal i get the strange readings ant testing the C causes the trip to blow

r600a-bang
17-06-2006, 12:27 AM
hi sorry when i said i checked the power, i mean that i checked the live and neutral to the comp

r600a-bang
17-06-2006, 12:34 AM
loosing the neutral is the only thing that makes sense but the meter shows there is a neutral.

im really stuck on this one, maybe i should change my meter and try again!!!!

Mickvee
17-06-2006, 10:52 AM
What type of compressor start system has it got?

r600a-bang
18-06-2006, 02:16 PM
you've lost the netural

cheers

richard

sorry my mistake, i have checked again and you are right, i have lost the neutral feed. thanks for your help
steve