PDA

View Full Version : sight glass

daleworne
16-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi all

I have a sight glass after the condenser, when i run the system(R22) i see nothing. Also, the system doesnt seem to be cooling.

What does that mean? Am i supose to see liquid in the sight glass. I am a studnt working on a project. Plz help a lad out

I am using a rechargable cyclinder. Do u think i have no charge or very little. when i release charge from the cylinder i here a hiss so i think it has charge in it.

Brian_UK
16-06-2006, 10:54 PM
I should do a little more reading before you start doing anymore.

daleworne
16-06-2006, 11:03 PM
i know

but can u help me out. should i see liquid in the sight glass. It looks clear to me. Does that mean there is liquid going thru

chillin out
16-06-2006, 11:32 PM
It could be clear full or clear empty????

How would we be able to tell from the other end of a pc?

Switch the thing off and wait 5 mins, now while watching the SG turn it back on again and watch it.

Also DO NOT release gas to the atmosphere.

Chillin:) :)

Brian_UK
16-06-2006, 11:44 PM
If a sight glass is full then it has a slight magnifying effect so that the metal inside seems to 'glow' a bit.

After the system has started you should see some liquid/froth before you get it full. If you are short of gas then you won't see anything moving .

andy bailess
17-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Is this anything to do with your ealier post to the forum about a compressor running dry.:confused:

daleworne
17-06-2006, 11:14 PM
glad to say that the system is cooling. The rechargable cyclinder i was using didnt have much charge so i used another cylinder that was lying around

thanks for the replies

Brian_UK
17-06-2006, 11:20 PM
glad to say that the system is cooling. The rechargable cyclinder i was using didnt have much charge so i used another cylinder that was lying aroundWell that's alright then:(, anything else you've got in that workshop that should be stored properly and accounted for correctly.

It sounds like a Mickey Mouse education centre that you are using, I wonder what gas was in the second cylinder :confused: Should I start a poll ?

daleworne
17-06-2006, 11:25 PM
it said r22 on the cyclinder

Brian_UK
17-06-2006, 11:31 PM
it said r22 on the cyclinderBut did you check that it had R22 in it?

daleworne
17-06-2006, 11:43 PM
how can u check if it has r22 in it?

can u explain plz thanks