PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic floor heating issue

Lc_shi
15-06-2006, 04:21 AM
Hi Sirs
I need to go further into the floor heating issue. hope experienced guy can give me some help. The key issue as follows:
# what material tube is the most raliable type
PEX\PB\PPR\etc?
# is there the load calculation and pipe layout software for floor heating
# if it's feasible for cooling at summer ?

thanks in advance

regards
LC

bruceboldy
16-06-2006, 12:26 AM
lc
it has been some time but i use to design underfloor warming for Freezer jobs we did.
I will look for the old data on flows and type of materials

The flow rates were low as i recall
The material was a plastic pipe 1 in diameter .

if i find more i will send it to you
We had some kind of calculation for BTU per ft as related to the pipe.

Lc_shi
19-06-2006, 04:16 AM
thank you for your kindness:)

best regards
LC

will smith
09-07-2006, 07:50 PM
LC- Check out a site called HeatingHelp.com. It's run by Dan Holohan-one of the best writers/teachers in the hydronics industry. In a section of the site called the Library, you can find a link for a Wirsbo installation guide, as well as links to sites with Heat Loss calcs for radiant. Give it a look-you won't be disappointed!

pirestani
13-07-2006, 04:08 PM
pex-a is the most reliable choice .
one of the famous company who produce under-floor heating pipe and has much experiences in design and installation this system is REHAU CO.(www.rehau.de).
cooling although depends on your dew point temp. and your application and I think it dosnt get us more than 35% efficeincy.(have a pleasure with a wet floor!!)

Stuart Clark
16-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Not sure about the technical side of things here but, last year I worked on the WW HQ site in Syd. They used 1/2 plastic pipes - lots of about 1m diameter spirals covering large floors of the atriums. They used heating and cooling.

D. Sergius
02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Generally we use a calculation of about 7 watts / sqft.

It is a polyethylene plastic tube, 1" diameter.

Glycol is heated by a discharge line heat exchanger.

You better have a refrigeration system that is running at least 20 hours per day or you will be looking at supplementary heat.