PDA

View Full Version : Tell a friend.... go on...!

spencerroberts
21-01-2001, 07:38 PM
Informal discussion areas like this have caused a revolution in other industries (the consultancy world thrives on forums like this).

Open conversation between 'fridge' people around the world can be free flowing & dynamic. The only brick wall intially is to get people talking.

Send an email to at least one other 'fridge' person right now & advertise this site.

The more members, the more everyone gains....

WebRam
22-01-2001, 12:38 AM
Hi, yes thats a great idea.

I have submitted this page to the usual search engines and would look to see results in the next 5/6 weeks.

I hope refrigeration engineers from all over the world will adopt these pages and we can all learn from each other.

jwhytock
24-01-2001, 07:29 PM
great idea! would like to see lots of others participating . who would believe fridge engineers were quiet / non talkative types? seriously though well done ,cant wait to read what the glorious grapevine has to say!

jaket50
20-03-2001, 05:45 PM
Great idea, nice web page, I am employed by one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, we currently have 63 ref/hvac mechanics and I am getting the word out to these men about this website.
We have highly skilled/ versatile mechanics that cover topics from -135c freezers to lyophilization systems to building automation systems to large tonnage chillers,pneumatics, ddc, and bas programming.
Keep up the postings and we'll try to get more involved.
thanks jaket50

WebRam
20-03-2001, 08:37 PM
Thanks jaket50, that's great, the more the merrier.

C J
29-03-2001, 07:28 PM
Great Idea, most of the ( Engineers ) around here are not only primates by action but are most certainly self-proclaimed engineers with out any doccumentation or certification......Can't even get them to use a telephone much less a computer!

I won't let this stop me from trying!

[Edited by WebMaster on 01-04-2001 at 12:24 AM]

WebRam
01-04-2001, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by C J
Great Idea, most of the ( Engineers ) around here are not only primates by action but are most certainly self-proclaimed engineers with out any doccumentation or certification......Can't even get them to use a telephone much less a computer!

Interesting that, I conducted a survey of refrigeration engineers in the company I work for and found that 91% of them had computers and emails.

Pretty well up there concidering the bosses had targeted 48% of thier workforce to have computers.

C J
02-04-2001, 03:12 PM
I took another look , I found two in our company that have a computer, cell phone and pager .... The findings are that these two do not know how to use spell check on the computer,They did not answere their phone when called and it took 9 hours for them to respond to a page from our security force on a recent week end that they were the primary on call.

The other out-side contracting so called engineers, usually have their wife , daughter or grand children answere the phone.

This is why we have in house training for all levels of tasks with sign off sheets. After all if we can not help ourselves............. then Borris & Natasha will make big trouble for Moose and Squirel

Later

jaket50
02-04-2001, 04:44 PM
Hey, CJ, you're showing your age with the reference to BORIS and NATASHA.

alankasprzak
02-04-2001, 08:35 PM
Agreed-- this kind of forum can open doors to networking, ANSWERS to dilemmas, and new insight to the industry!

Steve
02-04-2001, 10:21 PM
. After all if we can not help ourselves............. then Borris & Natasha will make big trouble for Moose and Squirel

OK I have to ask.....Borris and Natasha....who/what are they...?

Brian_UK
03-04-2001, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by C J
I took another look , I found two in our company that have a computer...etc
I had to laugh at the "modern office today". We have two units side by side; main office and service/stores. I wanted a phone number so went to the main office to get no. from a guy. Does he write it on a post-it note for me, Oh No, that is too easy.

He checks the number on his cell phone and sends it to me on my phone. I then have to retrieve the message from my phone, hold the phone up for my manager to see the number so that he can write it down.

Now that's progress !

Brian

starman
08-04-2001, 05:45 PM
I agree, some of the new stuff is not being used the way it should.

All this stuff is great, the same way a ratchet of a manifold set is great. But they all have a time and a place.

As you example with the mobile phone, can you see someone using a manifold set to pressure test .... MMMM, then again, I have seen that as well .......

WebRam
08-04-2001, 06:11 PM
I thought you were going to say, seen a manifold used as a hammer :):):)

Now I have seen a mobile phone used as a meens of atempting to catch fish ......... or was the guy just throwing it away :)

FreezerGeezer
07-06-2002, 05:30 PM
I haven't seen phones a bait, but I have seen one of our chillers used to catch fish!

Dan
08-06-2002, 01:50 AM
Heck, CJ, it ain't THAT bad down here.:) I have some fairly fine technicians in the Orlando/Tampa area, as does some of my competition, darn it.

But I must agree, there are some very poor pretenders abounding in Florida. Sounds like you have the greater share of the latter both in-house and out. The talent is nearby, should you choose to change your circumstance.:)

Regarding Spencer's original post, I doff my hat to the UK members of this forum. We USA guys are in distant second place when it comes to participation, and development of non-commercial web-site discussion groups.