PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Display Case BTUH / ft and Evap Temp requirements.

kengineering
12-02-2019, 04:57 PM
All,
Looking at major supermarket display case manufacturer's data sheets, often times a model is listed with multiple BTUH / ft and evaporator temperature requirements by product. ie; Meat / Seafood, Dairy / Produce & Beverage.

My question's are;
Is the a calculation software , maybe similar to the old Manual J for HVAC, but specific to refrigerated cases available to calculate these values.

How else specifically, can these values be obtained.

Thanks, Ken

al
13-02-2019, 08:53 PM
You're going to be reliant on manufacturer info to be sure you've the duty covered, does the cool pack software cover it i wonder?

Kathleen
14-02-2019, 12:30 AM
I never did calculation of refrigeration cabinet, but what I use for fast calculation, for esthetic wine cellar which a mainly made of glass wall and of different size (buffet size too small wardrobe), I use the cold room of coolselector software from danfoss, and I choose custom panel. Then I fill the info with thickness and the conductivity of the glass wall selected by the designer, and it fits. You will have the option of goods, lights, fans, defrost ..