PDA

View Full Version : Carrier WT sensors

djbe
09-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Does anybody know what the score is with Carrier WT sensors as fitted to Supra's etc.

Why do they fail so often???????????:confused:

thermo690
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Does anybody know what the score is with Carrier WT sensors as fitted to Supra's etc.

Hi no .............I haven't had to fit them that often over the years..............but now I have stated this.................thats all I will be doing next week:)

Martin

djbe
11-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Iv'e had some units that have had 2 or 3 in a relatively short period of time.

Maybe it has just been the luck of the draw with the Supras that I have worked on. You always tend to notice the bad ones but forget about the others that don't cause problems.

regards,djbe.

seacold
15-06-2006, 04:08 PM

Hi I used to look after about 25 supra's and a lot of R70/90's some years back from memory the sensor is fitted at the back of the engine by the exhaust (the problem) There used to be a blank by the thermostat, I used to fit the new one there and leave the old one in place and keep hold of the blank as they come in handy

djbe
15-06-2006, 08:02 PM
That would explain it then.

I have noticed that Carrier now fit the sensor into the thermostat housing so they must have realised their mistake.

Thanks Seacold, another mystery solved:)