PDA

View Full Version : Legal or no ?

charlie patt
10-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Went to a site today where the inhouse engineer has starting swapping condensor fans to sea if he could get it running
The gent has no f gas or refrigeration background can he legally work on a 7 kws split cassette i admit he does not seem to touch the refrigerant side of things that i no off but he has been playing electrical wise many thanks charlie

Brian_UK
10-07-2018, 10:14 PM
I would say no, he should not be working on the equipment.

Start reading here..... lots of angles but same answer.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/qualifications-required-to-work-on-equipment-containing-f-gas

cadwaladr
12-07-2018, 01:29 AM
So if I call a sparky in he cannot touch it even if he certs,forgive me but he is more qualified than me in electrics ? or have i misread?

frank
12-07-2018, 05:49 AM
Looking at the link Brian posted it is not clear if the Catagory 1 cert covers Automotive. Does Automotive need a seperate cert?

Quality
18-07-2018, 08:02 PM
I queried this type of activity with REFCOM and they simply stated the part of the legislation which says yes he can ( I can find in a previous email if you would like) fan motors filters and any non evasive refrigerant circuit work

r.bartlett
20-07-2018, 07:10 AM
I queried this type of activity with REFCOM and they simply stated the part of the legislation which says yes he can ( I can find in a previous email if you would like) fan motors filters and any non evasive refrigerant circuit work

I always assumed you could touch the non invasive side
similar to gassafe and boiler work. You can legally change PCB's and switches etc provided it's not part of the gas side and -if I remember correctly-nor the flue fan which is also 'gassafe' territory

Y
ou must be qualified to work on systems and equipment containing fluorinated greenhouse gases (F gas) that the EU regulates.

Stationary refrigeration and air conditioning (SRAC) systems, including heat pump systems
To work on these systems you must be qualified if you want to:

install new systems
service and maintain them
check leaks
recover refrigerant gases
decommission and dispose of old systems

although no/2 would seem to suggest otherwise...? A corner shop would probably argue/ignore but a blue chip facilities manager might err on the side of caution.