PDA

View Full Version : Ice machines in pubs restaraunts

cadwaladr
03-06-2018, 11:54 PM
I hate these machines ,glad i dont have to repair too many sure they are female,no disrespect but man are they tempermental

Brian_UK
04-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Agree completely.

Goober
06-06-2018, 03:36 AM
I dunno boys. Back in the day before I even started my apprenticeship, went out with the boss to an icemachine in far flung lonely country pub in the middle of nowhere. Was one of those machines were the slab of ice slid onto a grid of heated wire. Well, first thing happens when we get there is get handed a pint each. Ice machine was all glogged up with gunge but we cleaned it sparkly clean. All the while getting pints handed to us.

Job finished and Landlord made us sit at Bar and fed us more Pints. all for free. Was an interesting drive home, both of us well drunk. Back then it was sort of okish to drive and drink, or drink and drive even!

cadwaladr
06-06-2018, 11:24 AM
I can relate to that not that condoning drinking and driving thats not acceptable but it did occur in the past and still goes on today,but one rule I make is not to take gifts ie freebies off customers while doing work for them because some expect a discount,learnt that lesson years ago one customer gave me a take away meal then on my next visit to repair another item I gave him the invoice upon which he gave me the bill for the take away ok I gave him his money,needless to say I never answered his calls the next time he was in the crap lesson learnt!!!