PDA

View Full Version : Need input on City Multi

TDfromNY
08-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Since I'm not a technical AC person, I hope some of you Guru's out can help me with this.
I am looking to purchase a central air condition system for my house. In my research, I came across an interesting system called City Multi by Mitsubishi. Does anyone out there know anything about this system?
From what I've learned this system is a ductless system that can handle up to 16 evaporators and could put out 72000 to 100000 btus, depending on the model series. It also has many beneficial features over the (whole house) split systems.
I contacted several local Mitsubishi contractors but they couldn't give me anymore information about this system, other than what I already knew (and I know little). They couldn't even give me any ball-park pricing. I then called Mitsubishi corporate HQs (Georgia USA) and talked to their technical staff. They told me that this system is normally used for commercial applications but could also be used for residential as well.
This system is expensive. So before I spend big money, I would like to know if anyone out there has any experience with the City Multi system, especially the S-series. I am interested to know the general cost, how well it works and if there are any problems that I should be aware of.
Thank for your help,
TDfromNY

Peter_1
08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I installed some.
First, what's the main purpose for your system: heating or cooling?

Second, is it necesarry that some rooms can heta while others cool ( is much more expensive)

What's you budget?

For a domestic application, I shouldn't use an R2 system where you can recover the heat from one room to use it in another room.

What capacity do you need and how many indoor units? There are inverter systems, far not that expensive as a City Multi which will suits most domestic needs.
Better install two or 3 multi split inverters

rbartlett
08-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Since I'm not a technical AC person, I hope some of you Guru's out can help me with this.
I am looking to purchase a central air condition system for my house. In my research, I came across an interesting system called City Multi by Mitsubishi. Does anyone out there know anything about this system?
From what I've learned this system is a ductless system that can handle up to 16 evaporators and could put out 72000 to 100000 btus, depending on the model series. It also has many beneficial features over the (whole house) split systems.
I contacted several local Mitsubishi contractors but they couldn't give me anymore information about this system, other than what I already knew (and I know little). They couldn't even give me any ball-park pricing. I then called Mitsubishi corporate HQs (Georgia USA) and talked to their technical staff. They told me that this system is normally used for commercial applications but could also be used for residential as well.
This system is expensive. So before I spend big money, I would like to know if anyone out there has any experience with the City Multi system, especially the S-series. I am interested to know the general cost, how well it works and if there are any problems that I should be aware of.
Thank for your help,
TDfromNY

for help from an american perspective and possible costs try
http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=99106

cheers

richard

TDfromNY
09-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Richard, Thanks for the Web site.

Peter_1, I have a two story 1800fs Cape home with 9 rooms and I had an estimate done by Carrier. He estimated that I needed 2 1/2 ton downstairs and 2 ton upstairs at a cost of $11K. The estimate is for AC only since I have electric baseboard heat now. Which leads me to ask the question: is a heat pump that more efficient than electric BB that I should consider getting a HP as well?
I became interested in the City Multi system because it puts out 72K Btu's and my requirement is for 55K Btu. Its a little over kill but with a variable speed compressor I though that it would work fine.
I hear what your saying about considering multi duckless system like a Mr Slim, Sayno or Daiken but I have no idea of how they would work as an whole house AC system. How many would I need? How big woould they be? Where to put the evaporators? How do they handle humidity? How much cost? Do you have any idea?
Thanks much.

Edmund
09-06-2006, 03:31 AM
Daikin also sell a great multi zone system in the NY area called VRV-S. Check www.daikinac.com for further details. There are already many installed in the NY area and training rooms / showrooms are available locally in NJ and NY so you can see, feel, hear a system before taking the plunge.