PDA

View Full Version : Switching device

Pravin
05-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi Friends,
I'm looking for a simple alternate switching device between two split units.

Thanks and Regards

Pravin

frank
05-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi Friends,
I'm looking for a simple alternate switching device between two split units.

Thanks and Regards

Pravin
Hi Pravin

What exactly do you want to switch? It is not clear from your question :confused:

NoNickName
05-06-2006, 11:01 PM
http://www.positiveoffset.com/Parts/on-off-switch.jpg

As easy as it can get. Common is central, one normally open and one normally closed.

Pravin
06-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi Pravin

What exactly do you want to switch? It is not clear from your question :confused:

Frank Good Day,
Thanks for your prompt reply & sorry for not being to the point- What i'm actually looking for is a switching module (timer/contactor) that can sequencially switch on and off 2 split type units automatically.
Tks and Regards
Pravin

Pravin
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.positiveoffset.com/Parts/on-off-switch.jpg

As easy as it can get. Common is central, one normally open and one normally closed.

Hi NoNickName
Thanks for your prompt reply - What i'm actually looking for is a switching module (timer/contactor) that can automatically and sequencially switch on and off 2 split type units
Tks and Regards
Pravin

malik55
06-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Hello parvin
Don't know what is the time duration you wants to switch on and off the units and also dont know how much you can spend on control parts, anyhow you can make it with a motor driven 7day/24hour timer with adj dial type settings and 16 amps 240 volt switch's (if available there), break low voltage control supply at split units p.c or control transformer and you have an automatic hours based change over, also if you need a temperature change over then have to add some more controls as thermostat and additional control relays.

NoNickName
06-06-2006, 09:18 PM
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35328&criteria=timer&doy=6m6

Then you can interface the output to a switchover relay.

Pravin
08-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Hello parvin
Don't know what is the time duration you wants to switch on and off the units and also dont know how much you can spend on control parts, anyhow you can make it with a motor driven 7day/24hour timer with adj dial type settings and 16 amps 240 volt switch's (if available there), break low voltage control supply at split units p.c or control transformer and you have an automatic hours based change over, also if you need a temperature change over then have to add some more controls as thermostat and additional control relays.

Hello Malik 55,
Thank you for your consideration- Well the two units will be in a server room and i need them to work at every 8 hrs sequencially; i.e Unit 1 works from 8 a.m to 16hrs , then from 16 hrs unit 2 takes over up to 24.00hrs. I would rather have a cheap system using single channel timer and a contactor but a schematic diag. of the control you have described would be welcome.
Regards

walden
08-06-2006, 01:38 PM
No problem, Pravin! Contact me and I’ll build you a control panel to switch from one unit to the other automatically with a clock: on a fault of one of the units: or both units switched on if a high temperature condition occurs.

malik55
08-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Hello pravin
First say sorry for your name's spellings,
Second I have no scanner to scan a drawing, and I think to draw on the forum is not possible, but anyhow it is not so difficult you have an idea
Walden may help you.