PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia leakage incident

shaaf
10-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Dear all,
Let me share with you a incident happens with me during running position Sab163HF. It was controlling brine temperature 4'c which was not being handled by SMC 116L so turn it on after a minute suddenly start leakge near oil feeding line to oil filter compressing housing(after that I found that three Elen key bolts has been broken and one remain good there) pressed emergency switch ammonia mask was 3 meters away from me wear mask closed suction valve first(not discharge valve) I bring a half inch flexible line which is always connected to -45'c system for depressurize the any wanted compressor.
Connect to 163HF start depressurize system. Bad thing was when oil mixed with ammonia leaking a air duct supporting it more spray on me and compressor room;)
Attached video and photo15057

shaaf
10-12-2017, 06:03 PM
I don't known how to upload video.
But broken bolts seems that damaged long ago have black spots.
And freshly broken shine area

Grizzly
10-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Hi Shaf.
I have had it where 1 of the socket head bolts sheared through a stress fracture similar to what you show.
This was also on a 163 rotatune!

Only we found the one bolt fractured and replace all 4.

Then we did a controlled manual loading of the compressor and skip stepped and loading stages that produced a resonance within the pipework.
This is normally done on Commissioning.
But problematic resonances can occur due to poor gas flows.
So it is worth checking the loading manually from time to time.
Good luck Grizzly