PDA

View Full Version : Replacement stat

Lucas
05-06-2006, 04:12 PM
SERVIS
MODEL: 2D 2885

Your advice please

The stat is u/s on Servis fridge/freezer. However the stat phial is not clamped on evaporator plate, it is inside refrigerator cab censing cabinet air temp. Is there a universal stat available that will do the job or do I need to order correct stat for cabinet? Cannot see a Danfoss stat in catalogue that will do.

Thanks all.

Lucas
05-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Rang SERVIS UK who gave me spares supplier number. Rang them and they do not recognise model!?!?!? It seems their spares list does not go back that far! (computer says NO) response:rolleyes:

Unit is old so looks like I'm going to need a universal stat afterall. Can anyone suggest what stat I need please.

Brian_UK
05-06-2006, 08:24 PM
If it is just sensing air temperature then you could use any similar 'stat I would have thought.

Andy W
06-06-2006, 07:09 AM
I have never seen a domestic fridge in the UK with the sensor in ambient, either attached to the evap plate, the plastic skin or inserted in a tube in the insulation internally to the evap behind the skin. Is it possible that it has fallen off the evaporator, does the fridge have an ally evaporator plate or is it a plastic skin over the evap, I don't suppose it is fan assisted is it?

Lucas
06-06-2006, 10:17 AM
There is a plastic skin over evap. There is no fan either.

The stat has definately not been removed from or fallen off evap as evap is not even visible. The stat is coiled up behind a 3inch round cover (removable by one screw in center) mounted against plastic wall. Do you reckon a Danfoss number 1 would do it? Normally though they are attached to evaps so I cannot see how it would work?

Andy W
06-06-2006, 11:59 AM
There is a plastic skin over evap. There is no fan either.

The stat has definately not been removed from or fallen off evap as evap is not even visible. The stat is coiled up behind a 3inch round cover (removable by one screw in center) mounted against plastic wall. Do you reckon a Danfoss number 1 would do it? Normally though they are attached to evaps so I cannot see how it would work?I nearly said to you is it secured via a round plastic cover, so it is not an ambient stat.

You can use either a VT9 or VXO, I usually fit VT9's, occassionally though a VT9 will not cut out so a VXO has to be fitted or a VXO will not achieve a cold enough temperature, I personally would fit a VT9 or Danfoss No3. a No1 will make it ice up and never cut out, so will a VC1.

Andy T
07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Clear as mud, I think

slingblade
08-06-2006, 08:42 AM
I think he means a bottle cooler stat. forgotten the number but it could well be a vt9.

Andy W
08-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I think he means a bottle cooler stat. forgotten the number but it could well be a vt9.A bottle cooler stat is a Ranco VB7 and the cut in is too high for a fridge but it does hang in the ambient or air stream,I use the VB7 on bottle coolers and vending machines, VT9 is the way to go, fitted one this morning.

Lucas
12-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I went with the Danfoss No3 but no joy, it won't cut out. What is the Danfoss equivalent No of the VXO (if there is one.....or better still what is a VXO and where can I get one. Got an account with dean wood but nothing in catalogue I can see.

Another thing. Is there an cut in/out adjuster on No 3? I remeber once I saw a domestic stat that was adjustable by a small screw.....not sure if they do that these days....it was a long time ago :)

Andy W
12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Have you attached a thermometer probe to the position that the stat attaches to check that it achieves cut out temperature, not unusual to be short of a squirt of gas. If it is not cutting out I presume that it is freezing everything too cold, and I do presume that you have wired it correctly, I have seen stats wired wrong before.

mr-cool
02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi

If this is a air stat, VT9 is NO good, but is it a air stat? you said "No evap fan". How long is capilery? is capilery a small coil, what make is the original stat?
These questions need to be answered.

Sesder
02-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Too early...

Abe
02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
I went with the Danfoss No3 but no joy, it won't cut out. What is the Danfoss equivalent No of the VXO (if there is one.....or better still what is a VXO and where can I get one. Got an account with dean wood but nothing in catalogue I can see.

Another thing. Is there an cut in/out adjuster on No 3? I remeber once I saw a domestic stat that was adjustable by a small screw.....not sure if they do that these days....it was a long time ago :)

I used to adjust the screw
Use watchmakers screwdrivers