PDA

View Full Version : Whrilpool k20 overfilling

Dj barman
19-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Hi All hope i have posted in the right place
As a bit a a dab hand at fixing anything i have been left responsible for a K20 ice machine.
We have had one in the bar for about 12 years & it has seen better days so i purchased a 2nd hand one from ebay
Upon installation it works perfectly however during the ice cutting cycle the machine overfills with water...a lot of water...to the point where it is flowing out the front of the machine.
One the pump kicks in again it stops
This is doing my head in & any help/ advice would be much appreciated

B G Scott
19-11-2017, 06:06 PM
First check that the drain pipe ant outlet are not blocked, remember this machine fills with water all through the harvest cycle, keep us in the loop and we will advised the next move

Dj barman
19-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply
Have checked drain plug all ok
It seems that there is so much water going in that the drain cannot cope the water comes up the ice hopper drain plug....although this does point to your suggestion regarding a blockage
I have turned the water feed tap down but to no avail

Out of interest how long is the harvest cycle ment to take?
Our other k20 was just under 5 mins but never drained so much water

Brian_UK
19-11-2017, 10:08 PM
I wonder therefore whether someone in the past has replaced the water inlet valve with a non standard item which is letting too much water through.

cadwaladr
19-11-2017, 10:40 PM
That's my thinking,swap the valve with the one from the redundant machine.

Dj barman
19-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Good call & thanks
Will check out the valves tomorrow to see if they are the same

cadwaladr
20-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Pretty sure there is a restrictor in the correct valve.

Dj barman
20-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Well all resolved
The ice machine was all but level with the drain plug so i jacked it up about 2 inches so the water drainage would flow more freely
Still a lot of water going in so i adjusted the water input to even lower than before...to just a trickle
During the harvest cycle i could see very slowly the reservoir topping up before the next cycle kicked in, stayed with machine for about 5 cycles & all seemed good
Thanks to all that replied

B G Scott
20-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Yes, there is and they can be purchased separately, SRW stock them.
It is necessary to remove the valve and look into the outlet side if is fitted it will be visible inside the outlet tube on the valve body.
They are coloured but I can't remember exactly but I think the restrictors for these machines is orange.