PDA

View Full Version : Heater for dehumidification

nevinjohn
15-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Hello,

Im designing a Package unit with 15% fresh air supply. I was wondering, once the desired set point is reached (23 deg C), it might cause the compressor to trip, with the blowers still sucking in fresh air. Consider this scenario in a humid/rainy season. Wont this bring in condensation issues inside the room?

Can duct heater be used to tackle this? If Yes, how is it calculated? When I do the calculation is HAP (5.1), it says 'Central Heater is not Required'. Im stuck at this. Can someone help?

Thanks!
Nevin.

Brian_UK
15-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Try designing the plant with humidity control not purely temperature.

nevinjohn
16-11-2017, 06:27 AM
I tried it. . . Considering the peak humidity during rainy seasons, the AC load peaks. But this does not answer my question at the first place. If the compressor trips, this will bring in humidity even if I overdesign (based on the high humid season)!

Brian_UK
16-11-2017, 03:33 PM
If you are concerned about the compressor switching off at design temperature then you are still not considering humidity control properly.

The term "air conditioning" relates to an item if plant which will control temperature, air flow and humidity. So your AHU should contain fan(s), filters, humidity control (dehumidifier + humidifier), temperature control (preheat and reheat).