PDA

View Full Version : Brema ice machine

warner54
03-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Have a Brema ice machine which is not harvesting. The evap was iced over the top and the cubes underneath were oversized and not dropping out. I put the timer into defrost and the hot gas valve turned on for a minute or so then the timer advanced around to the freeze cycle again. I was in a rush and the evaporator thermostat was the only thing I could see that could be the problem but now looking at a picture I took of the wiring diagram I can't see what the evap thermostat even does? I've gone through the different possibilities and it looks to me that it doesn't change a thing if the contacts 3-4 or 3-0(#) are closed based on the wiring diagram. Can anyone tell me different?

warner54
03-11-2017, 10:21 AM
It's the air cooled diagram on the left

chemi-cool
03-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Check the hot gas valve, might be a burned out coil.

warner54
03-11-2017, 12:34 PM
The hot gas valve is working. When i turned the timer to defrost the coils heated up and the ice started melting. The cycle just wasnt long enough for the cubes to drop down.

Guner Edip Riza
03-11-2017, 03:54 PM
3-4 Freezing cycle.
3-0 Harvest cycle.
1) Malfunctioning thermostat.
2) Warm gas valve leaks.
3) The apparatus has not enough refrigerant.

joe-ice
03-11-2017, 05:04 PM
If its the type im thinking of the evap stat activates the timer and the timer carries on the freezing for a set time and then goes on defrost ( 2 cams) , When the timer runs out and the evap stat is gone high temp again the hold in circuit on the timer is broken and normal running resumes until the stat breaks low again.

nike123
13-11-2017, 03:41 PM
I was having recently similar problem with same Brema ice-maker. You need to disassemble timer and find and change faulty micro-switch. It will cost you 3€!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pJ5xiIWdALWjAFHb2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pJ5xiIWdALWjAFHb2

Make sure that you mark all wires adequately in order to disassemble timer and reassemble it correctly.

Evaporator thermostat is there to pause timer until evaporator is at desired temperature (-12°C normally), than timer takes over and finishes ice production and defrosting. It is one which is the closest to timer motor (A1), but I would change all 4!

Also, thermostat is determining thickness of ice plate.