PDA

View Full Version : Dirty condensor

Peter_1
02-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Got a call some days ago for a small freezer display which wasn't freezing deep enough

chillin out
02-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Nothing wrong with that!:D

That carpet of dust is there to keep the fan blade from getting dirty....LOL

Chillin:) :)

Latte
02-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi Peter,

I see this everyday, i amazes me that fridges (Verco especailly) are still built this way.

Normal Situation, Shop with tilled floor, floor swept up every night, where does the dust go straight into the condenser. No i am sure the manufactures will say that they are built like this as (1) space that lower down is not practical for use (2) easy to clean :eek:

Well sorry number two doesn't work for me. How many shop staff actually know the condenser is there let alone clean it. Lets go back to the old days with the condensers on the top

Regards

fatboy

US Iceman
03-06-2006, 01:39 AM
The dirt blanket must be an option to help keep the head pressure high enough when the air is cold. :p

Andy T
03-06-2006, 09:41 AM
My company have gone back to integral cases because they are cheap and easy to install.The cheapness is then wasted by the installation and running costs of air-con to remove the build up of heat in the shop.Then the company employ a energy comsultant to find a way to save energy.By installing lots of small integral cases.inceases the risk of faults as you have so many parts to go wronge.I REALY HATE THEM.You can't blow out the condencer it covers the shop in dust.Washing them out makes a mess.Brushing them off just cleans the surface.After a few years the condencer looks clean but is blocked inside.What ever you do you have black snott for days and house made knee.

jamcool
04-06-2006, 01:43 AM
How about building some removable filters or screens? think Manitowoc has on some of their ice machines,the screens(fine mesh) might get blocked real quick but atleast u dont have the clogging that would happen to the coil:D ,have being myself to units where you can just peel off the dust:o and its not because of lack of servicing:D

wambat
04-06-2006, 02:17 AM
Thank goodness for these conditions .. helps pay the bills and so easy to repair :>)

Josip
04-06-2006, 01:07 PM
:) :)

Thank goodness for these conditions .. helps pay the bills and so easy to repair :>)

LooooooL

Best regards,

Josip :)

slingblade
06-06-2006, 03:49 PM
You can't blow out the condencer it covers the shop in dust.

You just watch me.:rolleyes:

The best ones are chillers in engineering fab shops where the horrible black dust from welding and grinding sends the entire place into pitch blackness for at least half an hour.

US Iceman
06-06-2006, 07:49 PM
As a responsible service person you might use a wet piece of cloth to lay over the dusty condenser to catch the dirt.

Blow the air through the coil the opposite direction of normal flow. This will capture a lot of the dirt before it becomes airborne.

This stuff can be a health hazard, so help yourself also.

Peter_1
06-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I use a wet towel and blow it through with nitrogen the normal way.
There's mostly not enough place to blow it the opposite way.

wambat
06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
The dirt blanket must be an option to help keep the head pressure high enough when the air is cold. :p

Are you saying it's like a set of dampers and can be modulated???:D

slingblade
07-06-2006, 09:24 AM
As a responsible service person you might use a wet piece of cloth to lay over the dusty condenser to catch the dirt.

Blow the air through the coil the opposite direction of normal flow. This will capture a lot of the dirt before it becomes airborne.

This stuff can be a health hazard, so help yourself also.

Yes i know. this was a little added humour to an otherwise dull website which i am rapidly losing intrest in.

US Iceman
07-06-2006, 02:01 PM
I use a wet towel and blow it through with nitrogen the normal way.
There's mostly not enough place to blow it the opposite way.

I know it is difficult. The fan shroud, fan blade, and fan motor are all in the way. Blowing it through the coil in the normal direction can sometimes make the dirt stick in between the staggered tubes of the coil.

Another alternative is to use a wire brush to gently scrape away the layer of dust, hair, etc. Sometimes this will pull off if it is handled gently. The rest of the coil can then be blown out as the remainder is usually only just dust.

Are you saying it's like a set of dampers and can be modulated???:D

I hope everyone realizes I was just kidding.:rolleyes:

Andy T
07-06-2006, 10:39 PM
You know it's not dust,but human skin.I started to use a mask until some one said I looked like a right tit in it.