PDA

View Full Version : Work or not?

chillin out
01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi guys,

I have a Zanotti cold room which has a remote cond unit(10m).
The pipe sizes are 3/8 and 5/8 from the cond unit all the way to the evap, but when inside the evap there isn't an expansion valve, there is a short piece of capilary.
Total gas charge should be 850gms. R22
Can't remember the details of cond of evap.

Would this system work?

Chillin:) :)

Dan
02-06-2006, 01:24 AM
I suppose I would attempt to make it work. First thing to go, if it didn't work might be the cap tubing. I don't know about the condensing unit.. does it have a receiver? Anyway, we remoted equipment on cap tubes in the past and managed to make them work, but if I had it to do over, I would make sure I had a TEV and a condensing unit with an adequate receiver for a complete pumpdown of the system.

Peter_1
02-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Sure, why shouldn't it work. If the manufacturer had selected it that way, then it will work.
It's of course a cheap solution.

chillin out
02-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi peter, I don't think it was ment to be like this, I think it was suposed to have the cond unit on the roof of the cold room.

Hi Dan, There is no reciever, and the cond fan runs without a presure control, (it overcondenses).

I went to this and it was cold outside, the suction was in a vacuum because all the gas was sitting in the condesor.

I fitted a presure control on the fan, but this makes the comp overheat and cut out. So I took it back off agian.

Peter_1
02-06-2006, 07:39 PM
What type of compressor is used? Unithé Hermétique?

chillin out
02-06-2006, 08:24 PM
What type of compressor is used? Unithé Hermétique?
It's one of them electrolux hermetic's.3PH. (or something simalar)

This product is simalar to it, but its R404 and mine is R22.
http://www.zanotti.it/english/Dep%20PDF/ByBlock%20SP_O.pdf
Or
http://www.zanotti.it/Dep%20PDF_IT/ByBlock_SP_O.pdf

I really need to know if you can feed a capilary with a 3/8 (10 meters) liquid line.

Peter_1
02-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Sure, you can do it without a problem.
But make your liquid line as small as possible and don't overfill it.
Cover eventually the condensor a litlle bit to simulate summer conditions.
Fill it till SH and SC are within range and LP and HP are OK.
Do you need some help with the line selection? What capacity do you have actually?

chillin out
02-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Do you need some help with the line selection? What capacity do you have actually?
Yes I need help.

I will get the all the info next week and post it for you here so you know exactly what I am talking about.

Thanks Peter.

afeef
03-06-2006, 07:44 AM
:D usually the use of tev is for capacities more than 3 tons,(10.5kw), in your cold stor it is less than that ,
why you are worried ?
best of luck
afeef