PDA

View Full Version : Daikin 3MKD28GV2S seems to be not ok after repair

corrado
14-09-2017, 06:38 AM
It had been leaking gas a long time. Problem find, 5 pores on the thin tube. I guess that is a manufacturing error.
I am not sure the AC is ok. I have done like this. I set the remote to 18° C and turbo. I measure in the outlet tube in the ceiling with a digital thermometer. This is a concealed system. I note every minute up to 30 minutes. first minute is 16,7 and after 30 is 11,3. That means it take down the temp 5,4°.
Then I compare with a Daikin 18,000 BTU in another room. That start at 20,0 and end at 8,1. Even if it starts higher it goes down lower, diff is 12°. The first unit is a 24,000 btu, bigger than the second one. I think the first one should have bigger temp diff, but it has not. Thats why I think there is another problem.
After they soldered in a new tube and vakuumed, they fill up gas. But they didnt fill bye having a scale and filling the kg-s it should have. They checked the gauges. By doing this, can they be sure they have filled the optimal amount of gas so the system will work 100%?
Or can it be another problem?
One funny thing is that first system have much lower temp after 1 minute. But after that the change of temp is much lower than the second system
See if I can add the diagram I made

StephenH
06-12-2017, 11:35 AM
I have the same unit, and i think it is one of the biggest manufacturing fault of this model, one of my local ac repairer told me that and he got it fixed but don't know how he did this.

Craig Johnston
06-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Looks short to me! I would take out the Gas and weigh it, keep a touch in so you don't need to vac and charge correctly by weight.

If you suspect a leak somewhere, carry out a pressure test.