PDA

View Full Version : daikin 3 ph to 1 ph terms

wardy1964
31-05-2006, 08:08 PM
hi
i've just obtained a daikin refrigeration container (model no possibly LKE8CO). the problem i'm having is that the unit has been connected up to a 3-phase supply and i've only got a single phase supply (i've been assured will run on 230v). what i can't fathom out is the L and N connections on the voltage selector switch. i've a drawing saying P1 is 230v and goes to terms 1,2,3, which in turn go through the main circuit breaker and come out on 10,11,12.
but i'm not sure which is 1,2,3 on the voltage selector switch
any advice greatly appreciated
thanks
wardy

Brian_UK
31-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Have you tried the Daikin Container website ??
http://service.daikin.com/newweb/container/index.html

You may need to sign up before you can get some info but I'm sure an email will get you the answer.

andre_fridge
31-05-2006, 11:12 PM
There is an old SA joke about a wanna be truck driver who during the test gets asked "what would you do if you saw you couldn't avoid a potentially lethal accident with a bus and a nother truck loaded with fuel?" his reply was he is going to phone his brother Koosie, and the examiner says why? to which he replies "cause he has never seen such a big accident!" now before you decide to do anything, that container can only work with either UK standard 380V 3 phase or american 230V 3 phase, if you connect it to 230V single please take a video of the ensuing bang or a video of you beating the cr@# out of the guy that assured it would work on 230V, um been there done that , its a fairly nice bang, when I started out I tried it and did it! school fees were I wasn't allowed to touch any wiring for a long time hahahaha

terence123cars
01-06-2006, 01:42 AM
'andre Fridge' Is Right. You Can Not Connect A 3 Phase Machine To A Single Phase Source. You Will Have 3 (hot) Wires On Your Three Phase Supply And In Europe And England A Neutral Wire. In North America You Generally Have Either 480 /3 /60 Or 575 /3/60 Hz . These Are 3 Wire Systems. There Is Also In North America A 208 / 3 Phase / 4 Wire System That Enables You To Have 3 Phase For Equipment And From Each 208 Volt Phase You Can Have 117 Volts For Single Phase Loads, Such As Lighting And Convenience Receptacles

wambat
01-06-2006, 02:14 AM
If you want to go to the troublego here:
http://www.isomatic.co.uk/Understanding.pdf

Peter_1
01-06-2006, 06:46 AM
You can also you use a 2 x 220 VAC /3x 220 VAC inverter.
We've done it many times but only till +/- 2.5 kW.

malik55
01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Hello Wardy
It looks you are also new in the field, I think you have got enough info from fellow members, Any how always try to find out power supply voltages/hertz/phases amps and unit make from the unit it self, name plates of unit, compressor,motors, valves,or any other electrical device at least give you some idea, different countries have different power supply systems, you can not fix a 3 phase unit to 1phase power supply unless it is designed for that,
Regards.

wardy1964
01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
hi
thanks for the advice.
the unit is designed for use on 415v or 240v supplies. it's the 240v supply terminations i'm after on the voltage selector switch. the drawing with the unit shows P1 (plug 1) as the 240v supply and P2 as the 415 supply. the circuit diagram shows voltage change over relays as well. i'm pretty sure where the L goes but i'm not to confident where the N terminates
hopefully this could shed some more light the problem, as the unit is going to be used to keep milk cool
thanks in advance
wardy

wardy1964
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
andre
so what your saying that the unit is only designed for a 3-phase supply regardless of voltage (415/240)
and is no use at all for a single phase uk 240v supply. if so looks like the video recorder will have to be used.
thanks
wardy

malik55
01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Looks both supply voltages are 3 phase, So not possible to run on single phase, have a look on compressor name plate it will give you much info, further check with Daiken site mentioned by Mr.Brian.