PDA

View Full Version : Exv&txv

vinod
31-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Hi ,
Any body can explain me advantage & disadvatage of the electronic expansion device and thermostatic expansion device.

2. what is the MOP of the expansion valve

Chris Burton
31-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Hiya vinod, firstly mop stands for maximum operating pressure and this is used to prevent the suctioin pressure rising above this setting, the mop is normaly calculated as an absoulute pressure so an mop of 100psia will mean maximum suction pressure is limited to (100-14.7) 85.3psig. The selection of an exv or tev depends on your application, type of compressor & loading.

Latte
31-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi ,
Any body can explain me advantage & disadvatage of the electronic expansion device and thermostatic expansion device.

Old style expansion valve for me anytine. Maybe i am getting old but there is far less to go wrong. EEV's require more sensors and an electronic solonoid to make them work.
EEV's do give more control and i think the supermarket boys like them because power usage or lack of it is all important.

Have a look through the archive supermarket forum, i am sure we have discussed this before, i'm old and like things simple although i am sure that Mark will be able to give you a list of advantages of the EEV

Regards

Fatboy