PDA

View Full Version : Protection device

petre11
29-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone!
If everyone coud give me the correct procedure to extract the protection device at an compressor Tecumseh TAG 5561E, I would be very grateful.
I thing at Murphy's Constant "Matter will be damaged in proportion to its value"
Regards Petre11

Brian_UK
29-05-2006, 10:38 PM
According to Tecumseh....

A. Internal Thermal Protectors

Internal thermal protectors are completely internal and tamper-proof. They cannot be by-passed.

Single Phase Motor Thermal Protectors

Internal thermal protectors detect excess heat and/or current draw. They are located in the following single phase motors: AB, AW, AH, AV, and AG.
3-Phase Motor Thermal Protectors

The 31HM and 32HM on-winding motor protectors are 3-phase line break, automatic reset devices wired in series with each phase at the neutral point

and mounted on the windings. They are used in AB, AG, AV, and AN models.
So they do not have instructions available for this type of repair.

Are you doing a motor rewind?

petre11
29-05-2006, 11:18 PM
The compressor is quite new, it was stopped in winter (system is a split one), and now it refuse to start. I tought that the protection device is mounted in the terminal box and i can replace it.

Snowman123
05-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Think its internal on these if i rember right, ImI used the tag on smaller splits. If the unit is short of gas it will trip on this. Or possible discharge reeds failed inside comp. :cool:

ernestlin
05-06-2006, 05:16 AM
Hi, peter11
I think u must buy a new comp. if the internal protector is surely broken, cause it's more expensive to replace an internal protctor than to buy a newone..;)

Brian_UK
05-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Have you checked the continuity of the motor windings ?

Peter_1
05-06-2006, 08:57 PM
A Tecumseh has no internal protection like a Danfoss or a Maneurop.
It's protected outside via a clixon.
Dan's advice wasruight, have you measured windings: main winding, start winding and the sum of both?

petre11
05-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks "all my hard", I did not know what this forum realy is.
I measured the resistance, it is infinite, in others words,there is no continuity at all 3 windings.T1-T2;T1-T3:T2-T3. That is why I was thinking at the neutral point. I checked the voltage, it is perfect simetricaly,Ok. Surely the amperage is zero! (measured for certitude).The pressure, suction and head is (are) the same, in concordance with temperature-refrigerant.
Certainly the compresor is triped
Eternal beghiner petre11

ernestlin
06-06-2006, 04:49 AM
A Tecumseh has no internal protection like a Danfoss or a Maneurop.It's protected outside via a clixon.
I don't think so. :p I found the information of TAG 5561E as following:
Displacement : 112.5 cm³
Net weight : 44.5 Kg
Oil charge : 1960 cm³
Oil type : Minérale / Mineral
Expansion device :Capillary/Exp° valve
Cooling : Forced
Windings resistances at 20° C
Phases1,2,3. / Phase Nr 1,2,3 : 3.18 Ohms
nom. / Rated current RLA : 9 / 9.9 A
max. / Max current : 15 / 15 A
Start current LRA : 51 / 53 A
Electrical equipment : TRI
Overload: Interne / Internal
According to petre11's measuring, I regard the main winding may be burned out for overload or other reason.

Peter_1
06-06-2006, 08:47 PM
May I ask, where did you find this information?
We're installing almost every week such a compressors and this is the first time I hear of an internal protection.

wambat
06-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Peter, Try this:
http://www.tecumseh-europe.fr/misc/PlateformeDocumentaire/3-Documentations/12-Techniques/337GL-T.PDF

petre11
06-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Dear Sirs!
Thank you very much! The specifications are very helpful. I concluded that the protector is internal, if you have the time to open the attach. you will see that it is a Klixon based device not an electronical-sophisticated one. I am much obliged, the first answer began with this ideea written in red.

Best regards! petre11