PDA

View Full Version : bending a newbie

SIRROM
29-05-2006, 06:12 PM
stupid question maybe ,but i aways get trouble bending half and five eights piping where it has been cut short by pre installers where it appears in the exterior wall,without hacking out a piece of wall and giving myself more play,which means making good the cement finish ,whats the secret....

Peter_1
29-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't understand what is your question now?

SIRROM
29-05-2006, 10:27 PM
ok i take your advise

Brian_UK
29-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Can you extend the short pipe to give yourself more to work with?

Latte
29-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi Sirrom,

Are you saying that installers are only just putting the pipes through the wall with no overhang outside so you cannot get to them :confused:

Dont worry about trying to expalin things, we have people on this forum from all over the world and many of them do not use English as their main language. We will get there in the end so dont worry if we keep having to ask you questions it;s all part of the RE experience.

Regards

Fatboy

Jase
30-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Bending springs!;)

Andy W
31-05-2006, 07:23 AM
If the pipe will not hang 12" through the wall I always extend them to give me enough to get a spring on and some bending leverage, I always cut the flare nuts off on wall mounts anyway ..........with no exceptions.

frank
31-05-2006, 07:07 PM
I always cut the nuts off
A painful bit of editing :D

KISS KISS BANG
31-05-2006, 08:59 PM
The "secret" to this as you call it is to get the installers to do it right from the outset and not just take the easy option by leaving a straight length of pipe hanging out of the wall fro the next unfortunate engineer to have to deal with. For a neat job it is best to pre-form a length of pipe with a bend on it and then feed the pipe in from OUTSIDE TO INSIDE. this way you have a perfect bend which sits nice and flat to the wall. I hope I have interpreted your question correctly.

Andy W
01-06-2006, 07:39 AM
The "secret" to this as you call it is to get the installers to do it right from the outset and not just take the easy option by leaving a straight length of pipe hanging out of the wall fro the next unfortunate engineer to have to deal with. For a neat job it is best to pre-form a length of pipe with a bend on it and then feed the pipe in from OUTSIDE TO INSIDE. this way you have a perfect bend which sits nice and flat to the wall. I hope I have interpreted your question correctly.Yes thats how I do it when I can, what I mentioned previously was on a wall mount and the tails sticking out of the wall are not long enough to get a bend on so I always extend the pipes first.