PDA

View Full Version : X430

duncan
29-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Can anyone tell me the reason for oil pump failures on X430 compressors? That is the key that rolls on the shaft. I remeber the problem in the past and cant remember the solution. I have just been in contact with Australia and they have been checking the pumps on a regulaur basis to change the pump before failure occures. I thought that TK had solved this problem.

Latte
29-05-2006, 03:23 PM
i Didn't realise there was a diffinative answer to oil pump failures, i just assumed it was down to wear and tear like the shaft seals. The old seals 22-778 never seamed to leak at all but the new ones for some reason will let some oil past ?

Is it possible play in the shaft can cause to pin in the pump to fail.

At the end of the day, if i am changing a shaft seal, which is a fairly common proceduren and you already have the compressor off it only takes 5 mins to pull the oil pump off at the same time anyway

I was unaware there was a pump issue, i have never had one fail, i have just replaced worn ones when doing a rebuild.

Regards

fatboy

duncan
29-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks fatboy, there has been a problem with the compressors for the last 3 years at least around the world and I am waiting on some info to come through. I do know that TK has issued a bulletin about it.

Latte
29-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Duncan,

If there is an issue Reeferjon is the top man over here when it comes to TK, Hopefully he will know something about it

Regards

Fatboy

Andy
29-05-2006, 07:42 PM
i Didn't realise there was a diffinative answer to oil pump failures, i just assumed it was down to wear and tear like the shaft seals. The old seals 22-778 never seamed to leak at all but the new ones for some reason will let some oil past ?

Is it possible play in the shaft can cause to pin in the pump to fail.

At the end of the day, if i am changing a shaft seal, which is a fairly common proceduren and you already have the compressor off it only takes 5 mins to pull the oil pump off at the same time anyway

I was unaware there was a pump issue, i have never had one fail, i have just replaced worn ones when doing a rebuild.
Regards

fatboy
That would be the secret:) Replace it just before it fails, not wait until failure occurs.

Kind Regards Andy:)

thermo690
29-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Can anyone tell me the reason for oil pump failures on X430 compressors? That is the key that rolls on the shaft. I remeber the problem in the past and cant remember the solution. I have just been in contact with Australia and they have been checking the pumps on a regulaur basis to change the pump before failure occures. I thought that TK had solved this problem.

Hi it has something to do with loading on the compressor input shaft/clutch which puts to much load on the oil pump:rolleyes:

Martin

Latte
29-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi it has something to do with loading on the compressor in put shaft/clutch which puts to much load on the oil pump:rolleyes:

Martin

Hi Martin,

I Know TK did make a big thing about using belt tensioner tools on the compressor belts (OH REALLY WHO HAS THEM):eek: .

I think when the new style electic motor brackets came in with the 17mm adjuster people were pulling them too tight and causing too much strain on the clutch/compressor shaft. Saying that, it's easier to use them than the old style long bar on top of the electric motor trying to get the belts tensioned

Regards

fatboy

Willy
31-05-2006, 09:58 AM

Hi Duncan
There was a major issue over the reliability of the original oil pumps and several bulletins were issued over the years regarding this, I have attached a brief history of the problem and where TK are now with it.

Cheers...

Reeferjon
31-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Nice one Willy.....TBH that about sum's it up....new keys, wear surfaces and drive shafts are now in production...........Last SMC saw the suggested release of a new cast iron pump 3rdQ 06.....This will also lead to new body and bearings.

Main point....when ever you remove a comp ALWAYS remove the oil pump as soon as its on the bench and in any event prior to clutch work.
:D

Latte
01-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Whats the latest official line on shaft play on X430's

Originally, we we rebuilding x430's every 3000 hours as there was play in them but then someone at MTK said some play was acceptable (Just like oil under the new shaft seals was acceptable :eek: ).

Whats the line now.

Regards

Fatboy

duncan
11-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Willy thanks for that. I new that there was something floating about. If there is anything I can help with let me know.