PDA

View Full Version : Isolare circuit via controller

Wingsgb
30-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Hey guys,

We have just took on a new site which has two carrier chillers running on Pro Dialog Plus controllers. They are not in a good condition atall. I have found a leak on 3 seperate circuits, 1 compressor faulty, 2 condencer fans tripped, the frame work is all rusted and the chiller with the faulty comp was completly isolated including water valves.

My question is there a way to isolate circuit A via the controller and keep circuit B & C running?

Thanks

FaultCode
30-08-2017, 08:44 PM
You haven't said which model chiller it is.

Manuals for the chiller and controller can be downloaded from here...
http://eto.carrier.com/lit2.asp

Wingsgb
30-08-2017, 09:18 PM
You haven't said which model chiller it is.

Manuals for the chiller and controller can be downloaded from here...
http://eto.carrier.com/lit2.asp

30RB802PT023/303

Thanks i will look over that link

Wingsgb
31-08-2017, 12:20 AM
I found the manual via the link you provided but it doesn't state how to disable a circuit.

malik55
31-08-2017, 12:48 AM
Let turn off compressor breakers of circuit A, It will create alarm for this circuit , Chiller may run with partial load with remaining circuits. Also you have to isolate compressors by removing power supply wires, Control wires oil heaters and insulate them before to work on it.
Take care when working with Electricals and think twice before to do any alteration.

Wingsgb
31-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Let turn off compressor breakers of circuit A, It will create alarm for this circuit , Chiller may run with partial load with remaining circuits. Also you have to isolate compressors by removing power supply wires, Control wires oil heaters and insulate them before to work on it.
Take care when working with Electricals and think twice before to do any alteration.

Test before touch. I always treat conductors as live.

I cant have the chiller in fault as it sends out the fault to the call center.

malik55
31-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Normally there are individually alarm relays for each circuit , which can be disconnected so Alarm may not forward to center, but if you have CCN system then I think is not possible to isolate by hardware means.

biguso
04-09-2017, 05:25 PM
The easiest way to put this compressors out of operation is to disconnect some pressure transducer connector. For example discharge transducer

malik55
05-09-2017, 01:46 AM
If you have to work on the compressors you need to isolate completely and not only by disconnected a transducer or a sensor.