PDA

View Full Version : Multistage psychometrics

iceman007
27-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi,

Got to prepare a training course on multistage systems. I need a link or something if anyone has got one to PH diagrams and psychometrics for multistage systems.

Any help is always welcome, because I can't find any suitable material in my own books and notes.

Cheers
James

Lc_shi
29-05-2006, 10:07 AM
you mean multistage system PH chart. I don't know there's psychrometrics for multistage system. pls confirm what you mean. I'd like to send you some ASHRAE handbook material:)

rgds
LC

iceman007
29-05-2006, 10:19 AM
PH diagrams would be very useful. I have to say that I haven't seen a psychometric chart for one either (dry and wet bulb etc).

Thanks
James

US Iceman
29-05-2006, 11:19 PM
psychrometrics for multistage systems

Are you thinking of a low temperature psychrometric chart?

Here is a link where you can purchase the charts in SI for various elevations and temperature ranges.

http://resourcecenter.ashrae.org/store/ashrae/newstore.cgi?itemid=9114&view=item&categoryid=296&categoryparent=296&page=1&loginid=8165980

...because I can't find any suitable material in my own books

You have refrigeration books without any PH diagrams??

Are you looking for complete PH diagrams with the cycles already done? These are fairly rare other than a simple single or two stage diagram.

Why not do them yourself?

Dan
30-05-2006, 12:27 AM
http://www.coolit.co.za/mollierchart/index.htm

The picture on the homepage is typical of a multistage pressure enthalpy (Mollier) diagram. The software is for sale that can do the calculations, and I suppose redraw the PH chart with the new values you put in.

Peter_1
30-05-2006, 06:42 AM
James,

Just woke up this morning and we both (My wife and I) read your mail you send us.
Coming back to your question, why not use Coolpack for it? It has that option to calculate cascade systems and you can export the drawings and tables.

There's some literatrure in the ASHRAE books... do you have those?
And perhaps in the book 'Industrial Refrigeration' from Stoecker.
And in a thermodynamic book I have, I think thermodynamics for engineers, there's some theoretical explanaition of the system.

Could this be usefull or are you looking for something more specific?

Peter

thisname
10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Why does everyone call psychrometrics PSYCOmetrics??

Brian_UK
10-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Why does everyone call psychrometrics PSYCOmetrics??:off topic:

Haven't noticed anyone doing that on this thread.

Perhaps it is something local to you.

paul_h
12-09-2008, 03:51 PM
:off topic:

Haven't noticed anyone doing that on this thread.

Perhaps it is something local to you.It might have been a more pronounciation thing in real life, rather than the spelling of it. I'm probably guilty of it, then again, aussies are lazy at pronouncing words properly.