PDA

View Full Version : stock market

Lc_shi
25-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Anybody here is buying stock; I'm a green hand and just paid for itand depressed:(. Who's the master and tell me some tech :)

Sadness and gladness succeed each other in the stock market. It's the very truth...

regards
LC

vijay_study
25-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Just remember a simple rule:

Buy Low & Sell High.

Also, avoid impulse buying and only thing that best indicates the value of stocks is its price.

Regards

Vijay Kumar

frank
25-05-2006, 06:17 PM
DON'T buy any shares in LG :D :D

Abe
25-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Playing the stocks is just another form of gambling..
I at one time worked for a PLC qhich employed hundreds of employees.

I wondered every month about the huge wage bill, and I know we werent making money. Where was the money coming from ????

Yes, from shareholders, from punters, wanting to buy low and hoping to make a quick buck.

Well my freinds, the company went down, the Directors got their pay offs, the Liquidator theirs, the accountants , the lawyers.........

The employees got their redundancy packages.

Thank you oh glorious shareholders for your contributions, so we all lived happily ever after.........

Yes..........think on it...........The only people making money out of your money are the Brokers........

Dan
26-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Yes..........think on it...........The only people making money out of your money are the Brokers........

Yes, and aptly named, don't you think? It took much pain for me to realize that when a broker was talking me into buying something, all he was really trying to do was sell something for a larger customer. They call it "profit taking" when stocks go lower. They forget to mention who they took the profit from, which was fools such as I.

It is gambling, indeed, Abe. Rule number one: Never take the advice of a stock broker. That's also rule number 20. You can fill in the rest.

Lc_shi
26-05-2006, 01:11 AM
good ideas and suggestions:) I'll keep it in mind:buy low & sell high but sometimes, just the opposite:(

thanks and appreciate your input

regards
LC

Abe
26-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Just one other thing......

The Directors in a plc , are paid to watch the company, make sure no excesses, wages are kept low and production at full strength.

But you should see them.........the latest cars, jags, saabs, and the like. They fly here and there willy nilly and the turn of a hat. Instead of video conferencing, no, fly to Hamburg, fly to Boston........

Then theres the Hotel Bills and expense accounts. Then its all the entertainment and hosting of foreign guests.

And I forgot, the Corporate functions at swanky hotels......all the delegates congregated together and subjected to the Powerpoints...... and fed and dined.

And lastly the Exhibitions......We exhited at one time in Geneva at Palexpo, it cost us a cool 130k. We took down around 50 guys from the UK.

All this is fine.........if a business can afford it and is standing up on its own. SME's usually stand on their own feet because they are built up and maintained from people who grew the business.

But a plc which is part of an even bigger Monstor, that just rolls along and is fed by the shareholder.......until a time comes when the stocks are worth nothing, the factory is dismanteled and the machinery crated and sent to China !!

So, if you want to invest.........think........where is your money going to????