PDA

View Full Version : F Gas Farce

Blata
02-08-2017, 04:33 PM
I know I may be speaking out of turn, the idea of F Gas Register etc etc is great and I am a firm believer in any thing that improves the reputation of our Industry but as far as I can see there has only been one or two companies prosecuted for not abiding by the regulations.

Now I have spent a considerable amount of time and money to make sure my company and employees all are covered, so my point is

Either start prosecuting and enforcing the regulations or forget about it completely, I know I will probably get a roasting for this but rules is rules stick to them or throw them out.

Might also be the wrong forum.

frank
02-08-2017, 06:03 PM
I agree...but who is policing the trade?

chemi-cool
02-08-2017, 08:10 PM
As long as technicians don't get killed at work in large numbers, no one will pay inspectors to force the law.
In my country, practicing electricity without a valid licence, is a criminal offence. I have never heard of anyone arrested for practicing it without a valid licence.
The bottom line is money.

hookster
04-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Common topic for me! I agree F-gas is an absolute farce!
No point waiting for a legislative solution it will never happen, as you can see with gas price increases money talks BS walks!

We should all be joining an independent body like the BRA for companies and all engineers/technicians at minimum be a paid up member of the IOR service technicians section.

Then we can self police our own industry and publicise to customers that any company or technician not a member can be considered a rogue trader as they are not signing up to voluntary uphold the standards required in our industry.

BRA = British refrigeration society
http://www.feta.co.uk/associations/bra

IOR = Institute of Refrigeration
https://www.ior.org.uk/OEE3G6YT

terminator
04-08-2017, 08:36 PM
I agree this is not policed enough.
I've dealt with large companies who ignore systems that have failed f-gas checks.
Leak tests quoted etc, then completely ignored. Never seems to be picked up when they are audited.

It appears no-one checks the f-gas logbooks at these sites. Disgrace really.

cadwaladr
04-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Yes its crackers,my son who does vehicle AC has found a supplier who sells refrigerants at the right price which proves profiteering is going on the wholesalers are a joke!!!