PDA

View Full Version : flake ice machines wanted

iceflake2006
24-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Hello! Does anyone know a good dealer or manufacturer of flake ice machines for cooling fresh fish, of about 1 to 2 tonnes in the Gulf Coast area, preferably Miami, FL area, or Georgia, where the machine can be seen and inspected?
If any of you can recommend a good brand with affordable prices and guarantee, and a good dealer or manufacturer I would be happy to hear.
Thanks,

iceflake2006

Josip
24-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi, iceflake2006 :)

welcome to RE forum,

Try this one

http://www.northstarice.com/homeflash.html

Best regards,

Josip :)

US Iceman
24-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Welcome iceflake2006,

Here is another source you might try:

http://www.howecorp.com/rapid.htm

They have small models for ***** up to ammonia ice machines. Also have freshwater or seawater ice flakers.

frank
24-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi Iceflake

I didn't know that Miami was on the Gulf Coast :) has it moved or what? :D

Sorry but flake ice is not my area, but I do love Florida :)

Peter_1
24-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Frigofrance (Geneglace), Scothman.

Team York
24-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Ziegra ice machines, Excellent machines German built.
I should know i used to work for them:)

Tycho
24-05-2006, 09:19 PM
If you are going to use the flake ice I would strongly recomend you check out this first :http://www.optimar.is/optimar_prod_optim_ice.htm

if you use liquid ice, not only will you preserve the quality of the fish (no sharp edges on slush), but you will also cover the fish completely instead of having ice/fish contact in only a few places.

The machines come on a skid "ready-to-charge" (cant ship them with *****), and they produce on demand, or to a buffer tank.

we have bought and and resold a few of these machines and they work like a charm

bruceboldy
25-05-2006, 12:20 AM
MY FRIEND IN EDINBURG TEXAS HAS NORTHSTAR AND HOWE FLAKERSS AND TURBO AND VOGT TUBE ICE MAKERS ALL USED BUT HE OFFERS EXCELLENT WARRANTIES both ammonia and *****..

if intersted let me know and i will have them contact you
edinburg is near mc allen texas easy to get to
they also have a web service that you can see the items in real time. it saves a lot of travel money..

US Iceman
25-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi Tycho,

if you use liquid ice, not only will you preserve the quality of the fish (no sharp edges on slush), but you will also cover the fish completely instead of having ice/fish contact in only a few places.

That is an interesting idea. Have you noticed any problems associated with this ice slurry in storage for the fish?

Is the ice slurry circulated, or just pumped into the storage tanks with the fish?

Team York
25-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Ziegra Do the slurry ice, works very well in keeping fish cool

FrozenPhiber
25-05-2006, 10:23 PM
How about Scottsman FME-1204 ice flakers? They are extremely efficient, come S/C or remote, and are used by a large variety of supermarkets!

Tycho
26-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi Tycho,

That is an interesting idea. Have you noticed any problems associated with this ice slurry in storage for the fish?

Is the ice slurry circulated, or just pumped into the storage tanks with the fish?

I've only seen it used with fish stored in plastic trays and containers.

The container needs to have a drainhole in the bottom to let the excess water drain and let the slyrry settle around the fish.

The only problem I have seen is on units where the customer doesnt buy a buffer tank, it takes a little while before you get slurry out of the hose, maybe a minute or two.

I know some boats pump it into the tanks with the fish, to chill it, instead of having an RSW plant (mostly smaller vessels) and on those the mix is circulated.

Vernon
26-05-2006, 08:47 PM
http://www.geneglace.com/anglais/index.htm

Herb Berlin
30-06-2010, 06:14 AM
acme refrigeration 323-723-2058

m1horn
03-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Hey do a news search on slurry ice- there are new technologies which are the ice future. check out icegen inc as well