PDA

View Full Version : airedale HVAC displays "no link" ,unit not working

harryref
30-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Hi all
have this airedal HVAC that recently stoped working.
it has this display "no-link" on the display when switched on and nothing works from there

Any idea how i should go about this guys.

FaultCode
30-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Which model is the unit and what type of controller is fitted?

harryref
31-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Its airedale Easicool

The controller is branded airedale but i think its produced by another company(cant say though).

I attached pictures149311493214933

FaultCode
31-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Sorry, can't find any useful manuals or info about the fault.

Can only suggest checking the wiring between the controller elements and any extra pcbs.

hyperion
31-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Just a wild guess, has the Fire Alarm link gone Open Circuit?

PaulZ
01-08-2017, 12:57 AM
Hi harry
The controller looks like a Carel pCO if that's any help. Some manufacturers buy Carel controllers and program them to suit their needs, you may have to go back to Airdale to get another controller if it is faulty.
What does the display look like?
Regards
Paul

mirza ateeq
01-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Hi Dear , If your unit is working fine and display is showing No LINK then bellow is to check the communicaiton between display and controller....

The address of the terminal can be set in the range between 0 and 32; addresses from 1 to 32 are used by the pLAN protocol, while address 0 identifies the Local terminal
protocol, used for point-to-point connections without graphics and to configure the pCO. The default address is 32. The address can only be set after having powered up the
terminal via the RJ12 connector. To access configuration mode, press the UP, DOWN and ENTER ( K,  ,  ) buttons together for at least 5 seconds; the terminal will display a
screen similar to the one shown below, with the cursor flashing in the top left corner:

Display address
setting.........:32
I/O Board

To change the address of the terminal (“Display address setting”), proceed as follows.
Press the ENTER button once: the cursor will move to the “Display address setting” field.
Select the desired value using the UP and DOWN buttons, and confirm by pressing ENTER again.
If the value selected is different from the value previously saved, the following screen will be displayed and the new value will be saved to the permanent memory.

Display address
changed

If the address field is set to 0, the terminal communicates with the pCO board using the Local terminal protocol and the “I/O Board address” field is no longer shown,
as it has no meaning.
To change the list of terminals (private and shared) associated with a pCO board, proceed as follows:
- enter configuration mode (see above) by pressing the UP, DOWN and ENTER buttons together for at least 5 seconds.

- press the ENTER button twice: the cursor will move to the “I/O Board address” field.
- select the address of the desired pCO board and confirm by pressing ENTER.
The pCO will then enter the configuration procedure, showing a screen similar to the one below.
Terminal config
Press ENTER
to continue

1) Press ENTER again: the configuration screen will be displayed, similar to the one below.
P:01 Adr
Priv/Shared
Trm1 32 Sh
Trm2 02 Pr
Trm3 -- --

Change the configuration of the terminals as required. The ENTER button is used to move the cursor from one field to another, while the UP and DOWN buttons
change the value of the current field. P:xx shows the address of the selected pCO board (in the example shown in the figure, this is board 1).
To exit the configuration procedure and save the data, select the “Ok?” field, set “Yes” and confirm by pressing ENTER.
During the configuration procedure, if the terminal remains inactive (no button is pressed) for more than 30 seconds, the pCO board automatically exits the procedure
without saving any changes.
Important: the pGD* terminals cannot be configured as “Sp” (shared with printer) as they do not have the printer output. Selecting this mode has no effect on the
management of the printed messages.
If during operation the terminal detects the inactivity of the pCO board whose output it is displaying, it cancels the display completely and then shows a message
similar to one below.
I/O board 01 fault

If the terminal detects the inactivity of the entire pLAN network, that is, it does not receive any message from the network for 10 consecutive seconds, it cancels the
display completely and shows the following message:
NO LINK

harryref
01-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Just a wild guess, has the Fire Alarm link gone Open Circuit?

no it has no,they are 5 units linked with one as master(if the master gets fire alarm the rest shuts down with it),but this issue is only with this unit alone

harryref
01-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Sorry, can't find any useful manuals or info about the fault.

Can only suggest checking the wiring between the controller elements and any extra pcbs.

Everything seems ok

harryref
01-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Hi Dear , If your unit is working fine and display is showing No LINK then bellow is to check the communicaiton between display and controller....

The address of the terminal can be set in the range between 0 and 32; addresses from 1 to 32 are used by the pLAN protocol, while address 0 identifies the Local terminal
protocol, used for point-to-point connections without graphics and to configure the pCO. The default address is 32. The address can only be set after having powered up the
terminal via the RJ12 connector. To access configuration mode, press the UP, DOWN and ENTER ( K, , ) buttons together for at least 5 seconds; the terminal will display a
screen similar to the one shown below, with the cursor flashing in the top left corner:

Display address
setting.........:32
I/O Board

To change the address of the terminal (“Display address setting”), proceed as follows.
Press the ENTER button once: the cursor will move to the “Display address setting” field.
Select the desired value using the UP and DOWN buttons, and confirm by pressing ENTER again.
If the value selected is different from the value previously saved, the following screen will be displayed and the new value will be saved to the permanent memory.

Display address
changed

If the address field is set to 0, the terminal communicates with the pCO board using the Local terminal protocol and the “I/O Board address” field is no longer shown,
as it has no meaning.
To change the list of terminals (private and shared) associated with a pCO board, proceed as follows:
- enter configuration mode (see above) by pressing the UP, DOWN and ENTER buttons together for at least 5 seconds.

- press the ENTER button twice: the cursor will move to the “I/O Board address” field.
- select the address of the desired pCO board and confirm by pressing ENTER.
The pCO will then enter the configuration procedure, showing a screen similar to the one below.
Terminal config
Press ENTER
to continue

1) Press ENTER again: the configuration screen will be displayed, similar to the one below.
P:01 Adr
Priv/Shared
Trm1 32 Sh
Trm2 02 Pr
Trm3 -- --

Change the configuration of the terminals as required. The ENTER button is used to move the cursor from one field to another, while the UP and DOWN buttons
change the value of the current field. P:xx shows the address of the selected pCO board (in the example shown in the figure, this is board 1).
To exit the configuration procedure and save the data, select the “Ok?” field, set “Yes” and confirm by pressing ENTER.
During the configuration procedure, if the terminal remains inactive (no button is pressed) for more than 30 seconds, the pCO board automatically exits the procedure
without saving any changes.
Important: the pGD* terminals cannot be configured as “Sp” (shared with printer) as they do not have the printer output. Selecting this mode has no effect on the
management of the printed messages.
If during operation the terminal detects the inactivity of the pCO board whose output it is displaying, it cancels the display completely and then shows a message
similar to one below.
I/O board 01 fault

If the terminal detects the inactivity of the entire pLAN network, that is, it does not receive any message from the network for 10 consecutive seconds, it cancels the
display completely and shows the following message:
NO LINK

am about to check this now,.think this has to do with carel,..but the up,down,enter key brought out the menue

harryref
03-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Hi all

the "no link" display has been cleard using the mirza's guid here,.but the "0 and 32" did not work so a colleuge used "1 and 12" instead and the unit diplay is on with only the condenser fan working as it displays "air flow fairlure" alarm.

The alarm when cleard manually clears but still display the alarm in the parameters so the unit refused to start only the condenser fan runing.

am still stuck on this!!

mirza ateeq
04-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Hi Dear
it is usually because of Air flow switches
i have attached a snap , you will see air flow switches in this snap
please change setting of this switched using blue knob or just by pass these switches by connecting both red wires showing in this picture

mirza ateeq
04-08-2017, 07:53 AM
one more thing

some unit does not start while unit door is opened
if so , you need to close all doors tightly

redroge
04-08-2017, 11:32 AM
You may have to go into the alarm log to reset airflow fail

harryref
07-08-2017, 11:33 AM
ahhh!
The pco sends signal to the condenser fan which pics,.then to the blower(because i can see the fan symbol come up) which does not pick but when i operate it manually the blower works(picks),.the next to pick is suposed to be the contactor for the compresor instead what picks next is the contactor for heating(heating is not included in the unit) which.when the fan blows the "airflow failure alarm" clears. this shows the airflow switch is ok

am thinking the fan contactor is bad,i will replace it,.but if it works i intend to swap the signal wire that goes to the heating contacor to the compressor contactor(hope this is possible though).But the time delay for the compressor to pick will not be the same again if this work(this might put the compressor at risk).

Also,just learnt the unit sudenly opened while in operation due to vibration or so thats what caused the whole issue to start,....

please any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated,..this unit is just taking some lives out of my lifespan.

redroge
07-08-2017, 06:10 PM
send for airedale as you seem to be digging yourself into a deeper hole

malik55
14-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Does not means to discourage any one. I just wants to say that we all have our limits and these electronic controllers especially built for Precision Control units and Chillers are purposely built with some gadgets that a outsider can not make it easily. Also the required catalogues for information is not available and what is available is just the upper level information, this is manufactures monopoly. You do yours best to fix it but if find difficult do not fiddle much and call the manufacturer, may be it will cost you less if some thing more goes wrong.

iACS
21-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Hi all
have this airedal HVAC that recently stoped working.
it has this display "no-link" on the display when switched on and nothing works from there

Any idea how i should go about this guys.

Hi Harry

No Link Screen is a pretty common but simple to fix issue when it comes to CAREL controls [Airedale use CAREL on their units].

This video should help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79FMfPKfNP4

Grizzly
21-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Hi Peter.
Your video is very helpful and just what the Forum is about!

However you direct link and request that people log onto your company links IS NOT!

You are welcome to help but any self promotion is not allowed,
If we all promote our own products and services the this forum would be destroyed.
I have left your self promoting post up.
But any more direct promotional material has to be deleted and you will be banned from the forum.
Before you start!
It all sounds Heavy but the rules are there for a valid reason.
Please feel free to help but please consider the content of your posts first.
Grizzly