PDA

View Full Version : Check your remote.

Temprite
24-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Got a remote controller that is not operating?

Simply take your camera phone and select camera mode and point the remote at the screen. Push buttons on the remote while looking at the screen and you will see light coming out of the end of the remote.If you do not see the light then remote is dead.

Tried this today on an LG and a Daikin it worked on both.

(This may not be news for some but I discovered it today).:)

Slim R410a
24-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Just tried it on a Fujitsu remote, but can't see any light? Remote works fine.

Team York
24-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey just tried it, fantastic. Slim 410A point the remote at the camera lens not the screen.:p

mark375
24-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Tried this with a digital camera on every remote I could find including TV, DVD etc and it worked every time. Never come across this before, should be up for "tip of the year"

stuartwking
24-05-2006, 10:36 PM
gold star for u.. u got my vote..

Brian_UK
24-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Yup, it works, now what can I do with it that's useful until my remotes break ??

But tell me Temprite, what made you do this in the first place?

Temprite
25-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Yup, it works, now what can I do with it that's useful until my remotes break ??

But tell me Temprite, what made you do this in the first place?

I'd like to claim it as my own idea.But it came from the never ending supply of knowledge known as LG tech support.:rolleyes:

Actually the chaps that man the tech line in Australia are not to bad. Pity that they are supporting a product that would keep them extremely busy.:D

Sometimes you may come across a split that is not responding to the remote. Now the problem could be:
a)remote.
b)signal reciever pcb.
c)control pcb.
d) interference.

I was doing a warranty call 2 days ago to a unit with the above problem.
So I gave them a call and asked them what parts they want me to replace(Generally they dont like to send out all.)
They told me to change remote and put in new signal reciever board.

Then the chap said to shine the remote through a digital camera to see if it was working as a quick check, thus eliminating the need to change parts unnecessarily.

Slim R410a
25-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey just tried it, fantastic. Slim 410A point the remote at the camera lens not the screen.:p

lol figured it out now! Fantastic!

Team York, are you from York Wallasey?

slingblade
25-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Simply take your camera phone and select camera mode and point the remote at the screen. Push buttons on the remote while looking at the screen and you will see light coming out of the end of the remote.If you do not see the light then remote is dead.

it does work. never knew that. i bet i know someone that did though.

Team York, are you from York Wallasey?

is wallasey in cheshire i thought it was merseyside.

could be trafford park.

chillin out
25-05-2006, 09:02 PM
is wallasey in cheshire i thought it was merseyside.
I pass it nearly every day and its definitly in Wallasey, Birkenhead.

I will be trying that trick with my phone tomorrow.

Chillin:) :)

Andy T
25-05-2006, 10:05 PM
I knew about the idea from a patent for anti pirate system for camcorders in cinema to stop people videoing films and making copies. as infra red is invisable to the human eye but not to ccd on video cams.

Slim R410a
26-05-2006, 08:21 AM
I pass it nearly every day and its definitly in Wallasey, Birkenhead.

I will be trying that trick with my phone tomorrow.

Chillin:) :)

Wallasey is in Merseyside, as is my office in Birkenhead, but I live near North Wales, classed as Cheshire.;)