PDA

View Full Version : Pressfit copper fittings for refrigeration

dcooke
21-07-2017, 02:55 AM
Has anyone had any experience with pressfit fittings in refrigeration applications? I've just come across the Conex Banninger range of fittings. I've used these style of fittings on water services.

http://www.conexbanninger.com/search.php?brands_id=58

Grizzly
21-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Are you a plumber or a salesman!
There are press-fit applications available, however they are designed for the job.
Grizzly

jonjon
21-07-2017, 09:00 PM
using them on a new install so far so good

chemi-cool
22-07-2017, 11:57 AM
All refrigeration and AC units pipes are vibrating. some vibrate more and some vibrate less.
All makes of these kind of fittings use O rings to seal the joint.

It's only a matter of time till they start leaking.

hookster
22-07-2017, 07:15 PM
All refrigeration and AC units pipes are vibrating. some vibrate more and some vibrate less.
All makes of these kind of fittings use O rings to seal the joint.

It's only a matter of time till they start leaking.

Have we not been using o-ring seals on the following:
shaft seals
solenoid valve stems
condenser connections
valve stems
sight glasses
oil pumps
shraeder valves

I personally prefer the o-ring seal to the reflok system as the seal on an o-ring is carried out with elastomer compression. The pipe if correctly supported and installed as per manufacture standards will meet all the approvals. Compression jointing has already been in use for fluids and gases for numerous years with great success.

thebrockenshire
30-08-2017, 12:00 PM
the only question i have is possible future gas/oil retrofits, would this shrink the seal like what we have seen with R22 to R407C, therefore rendering all pipework useless, where it could have been re used.
also, how do these seals withstand an acidic system?

chemi-cool
30-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Have we not been using o-ring seals on the following:
shaft seals
solenoid valve stems
condenser connections
valve stems
sight glasses
oil pumps
shraeder valves

I personally prefer the o-ring seal to the reflok system as the seal on an o-ring is carried out with elastomer compression. The pipe if correctly supported and installed as per manufacture standards will meet all the approvals. Compression jointing has already been in use for fluids and gases for numerous years with great success.

well,
Shaft seal leaks constantly and not from the O ring.
Schreader valves do not have o rings apart from the cap.
On all the other part you have mentioned, the O ring is tighten with bolts to ensure no leak but they still leak if not used correctly.