PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Fridge Freezer Error Code ??

madfriday
22-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi everybody, i have just discovered & joined the site and am impressed :)
I'm a self employed refrigeration engineer living/working in England and am trying to rectify a BOSCH fridge freezer (KGU3201) for one of my customers which is showing an error code 'E2' I have searched high and low for the codes but to no avail:confused:
Can anyone shed any light on the prob?
I suspect it's a thermister failed, but I don't know which one.

MKR
22-05-2006, 04:59 PM
It's a thermistor error, the internal evaporator one... but disconnect the fridge and freezer ones first in turn to see if the error changes. If it is the internal one, you should see an arrow impression on the paper covering the insulation which marks the spot to dig(at the back of the freezer.) Usually this error occur when water ingresses the push on tags, shorting out the thermistor.

Now the bonus... 9 times out of 10, you don't need to buy a spare, as there will probably be nothing wrong with the error giving thermistor. Remove and fit the fridge thermistor in the place of the internal one... clean and dry the internal one you removed and refit it inside the fridge.

You will need to repair the insulation with two pack brown foam insulation and foil tape.
Good luck

madfriday
14-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Hi, I'm just writing to thank you for the advice.
I had my suspisions that it was something buried in the insulation too. I didn't brave digging it out and changing it. i did a similar job some years ago on a Candy -had to dig the probe out of the back and refoam it after ....we ended up going back and back to it.
PS: Shame Bosch aren't more forthcoming with technical advice.

koserg
29-04-2010, 09:01 PM
My fridge BOSCH KGE 3001 has 2 section - refrigerating chamber and freezing chamber. I have noticed that refrigerating chamber doesn't work bat at the same time the freezing chamber is working. I have noticed Error code E2.Could you help me with this problem.