PDA

View Full Version : New i7 laptop is freezing and slow as snail when rebooting. What is the problem?

anderson0220
23-06-2017, 05:19 PM
1 week ago I purchased this Asus X540UP-DM020T 15.6" i7 (7th Gen) 1TB 4G Ram 2G Vram AMD Radeon R5 laptop. It is so slow and my old laptop i5 is still faster that this new one. I tried to return this back to my seller because of the freezing issue. I haven't installed any apps yet, or software, but the unit is already freezing. The hard disk usage is always 100%, though no apps are running. Any ideas about this guy? How can I let it speed up?

frank
23-06-2017, 09:41 PM
1 week ago I purchased this Asus X540UP-DM020T 15.6" i7 (7th Gen) 1TB 4G Ram 2G Vram AMD Radeon R5 laptop. It is so slow and my old laptop i5 is still faster that this new one. I tried to return this back to my seller because of the freezing issue. I haven't installed any apps yet, or software, but the unit is already freezing. The hard disk usage is always 100%, though no apps are running. Any ideas about this guy? How can I let it speed up?
Maybe this question should be directed to a computer forum instead of a refrigeration forum?

kefah
16-07-2017, 07:32 PM
HI
it could be hw
download hw monitor (http://filehippo.com/download_hwmonitor/) and run it
upload photo

Grizzly
16-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Kefah.
Old Friend.
Why are you encouraging, totally unrelated post from Non refrigeration individuals!

If it is a regular Poster then fair enough.

But really I beg to differ in this poster.
Grizzly

Tayters
16-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Hi Frank and Grizzly.

To be fair it was a question about computers in the 'Computers and Internet' section.
Poster joined in April and has stated he has started learning AC about 6 months ago on another post so I'd like to class him as a refrigeration individual.
10 posts in 3 months, probably makes him a more regular poster than me.

:-)

Grizzly
17-07-2017, 06:11 AM
You are absolutely correct Tayters.
I wrote those comments before checking andersons history.
Once read I though I had cleared my post.
Obviously not!
Anderson for that I apologise.
In my defence we are getting lots of crap posts and non related questions from your fair land!

Fell free to have a moan back and welcome to the forum.
Grizzly

frank
17-07-2017, 06:35 AM
I wasn't asking him to stop posting...just suggesting that he may get more knowledgeable answers on a computer forum