PDA

View Full Version : Which one???

Abe
21-05-2006, 10:39 AM
I know this question has been asked a hundred times.

I am quoting a customer , its a delicatessen, cassette system.

Customer has had quotes elsewhere, he went on about the 3 year warranty, so I know what has been quoted.!!

Trouble is, I want to put something decent , but the price of the decent stuff, ( Daikin, etc) is almost double that of the cheaper stuff.

I will lose the job...........and I dont want the cheaper stuff.

I want to put in something thats going to be installed, I walk away and thats it.

Without any worries on my part about failures...

Would Fujitsu fit that bill???

NoNickName
21-05-2006, 10:41 AM
You do the installation and customer will buy the equipment. If anything fails, it will be his fault.

Peter_1
21-05-2006, 11:28 AM
We do'nt have any troubles with Fujitsu.
Here in Belgium, Mitsubishi Electric is much cheaper as Daikin and gives the same warranty.
We installed several shinings and dont have any troubles with it.
Installed last week a Shining on a cold room and we opened it to look for the brand of compressor- the heart of the unit - and it was a Mitsubishi Electric.

Latte
21-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi Abe,

Its a question that we all get every day, How Much will it cost me. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and this is all you can tell the customer.

Last year the company i work for fitted LG's as a cheap option, we learnt our lesson on that one.

Fujitsu's and mitsi elecs are good units and should do the job OK. Having said that Daikin is the best but you pay for it.

all you can do is give the customer the option explaining why certain units are more expensive.

Some customers will pay for the extra quality, some just want a/c at the cheapest possible price.

you can do all you like but at the end of the day the customer pays the bill

Regards

Fatbiy

stevo
21-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi ; We use Fujitsu which is the top of the middle range, and fairly reliable, lost out to a daikin system on a conservatory job, although we were more competitive the daikin was a lot smaller physically, also they offered a five year warranty !! may be prudent to offer both alternatives. :) cheers

Andy W
22-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I have just fitted 4 Fujitsu's, I think they are good and with the current list price less 42% you can not go wrong, after fitting LG's even Chigo are an improvement.:D

Makeit go Right
23-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Why not quote three prices:

a) A daikin Price
b) A fujitsu Price
c) A cheapie equipment price.

Add a para underneath recommending Daikin as quality equipment that has good quality and will likely run for several years without any problem, and something about the other two options.

ie your competitive price, based on same kit as your competitors, should look a tad better. Then he says put it in you can discuss things a bit further as to why you recommended the more expensive kit, and hopefully he will wind up with Fujitsu, at least.

Keep the door open, basically.

Hope you get the job.

Abe
23-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Going in with two or three options seems pretty reasonable to me.

Thank you all for your input

daddymac
23-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Abe,

At least they haven't hit you with "the air conditioners in B&Q are only £600" :rolleyes: chestnut like my last job! Don't cast your pearls before swine!

Good luck!

DaddyM

VRVForever
24-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Abe
Its your friendly local Daikin Rep here!
We have a summer promotion on non-inverter SkyAir running. I will drop some details in for you tomorrow, Im sure it will make you more competative

Abe
24-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks VRV

Youre a STAR
:)

Peter_1
24-05-2006, 06:06 PM
VRVForever, is that one of those units the client can buy very cheap in his local elctro shop and where there's a voucher in the box so that a local installer can fit it together for a very small pre-determined amount included 2 years of warranty??

frank
24-05-2006, 08:04 PM
VRVForever

Are you that female that likes to get sloshed at the east mids cibse do?

Loops
25-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Why not quote a Toshiba Digital Inverter cassette system? They're ECA approved.

At least your potential customer can claim back some funds under the enhanced capital allowance scheme.

There's a certain satisfaction getting money back from the tax man!!!

Loops

VRVForever
25-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Sure is Frank!!
Have to hold my own with the boys!
Had a monster hangover tho!!!

matt black
25-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Go for LG from LG comfort cooling, ask for Jez. Whatever you have been told, LG is great stuff, now the best part of my turnover with no problems. Tel 01675 467500 ask for Jez. Tell him Matt recomended him.

frank
25-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Sure is Frank!!
Have to hold my own with the boys!
Had a monster hangover tho!!!

I'm not surprised. I spent 15 minutes holding you up just before you got turfed off to bed! :p Mike didn't seem too pleased although he, like the rest of us had consumed quite a few :D