PDA

View Full Version : Extending Length of Exhaust Hose on DeLonghi Pinguino PAC C110 Portable Aircon Unit

peterfoster
21-06-2017, 03:20 PM
The length of the exhaust hose supplied with my DeLonghi Pinguino PAC C110 portable aircon unit is 40 inches/one metre. This has always been a pain for us because our windows are quite high up necessitating balancing the unit on a two-foot high box to enable the exhaust hose to reach the window. I have seen that one can buy extensions for one's hose (oo-err Mrs....) but have also read that fitting a hose which is of non-standard length can adversely affect the performance of the unit. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Apologies if I have aimed this posting at the wrong forum.

Thanks.

FaultCode
21-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Delonghi simply state 'keep it as short as possible', not a lot of help really is it?¿

However, yes you can extend the hose if you want/need to.

Longer hose means extra resistance for the fan to work against. If you can get a larger diameter hose then that will help keep the resistance down even if you have to revert back to the original to use the window hose fitting.

frank
21-06-2017, 08:27 PM
The manufacturers usually supply a discharge hose length designed not to overload the condenser fan.
If you add length to the supplied one, you run the risk of increasing the overall static resistance to a level above what the fan can overcome. This will cause the unit to be less efficient at best or cause the fan to fail at worst.

peterfoster
22-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Many thanks for your advice, guys. I think I'll stay with the existing hose, then, and continue to perch the unit on its box as I've no wish to risk the health of the unit by fitting a longer hose than is good for it. It's not too big a pain in reality because the nature of the UK's climate is such that I only have the need to utilise the unit on around ten occaisions on average each year.

FaultCode
22-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Probably makes it easier to drain the water as well :)