PDA

View Full Version : Inverter not cooling. Gas seems right

rubybree
20-06-2017, 10:18 PM
I was called out to look at a "budget" inverter unit MovAir 12k Btu that wasn't cooling at all. The unit had no gas and outdoor unit had an obstruction in front of it. Found the leak, regassed and everything else looked fine including the service valves sweating. I thought job done, just check on indoor unit and it works 'a bit' with room temp at 27c and indoor unit only producing 22c. Everything seems cleanish. I seem to remember there was a limit could get the temp down when it was also hot outside. Could that be the case?

FaultCode
20-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Yes, it depends on the unit specification as to what the operating results are.

terminator
21-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Room at 27 and air off at 22 is not right at all.
What were the operating pressures? Was the correct charge weighed in?

rubybree
26-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying, ironically the heat has taken it's toll on me and I had to stop work for a few days. R410a operating pressure was 100 psi, with Air Con running on full cooling. I watched the service valves start from nothing to frost and then to sweating. I didn't weigh the load in, but never had to in the past. Just to clarify, the outdoor unit is on a roof and temp is probably 36c, the lowest I can get the indoor unit is 22c.

The Viking
26-06-2017, 06:47 PM
I didn't weigh the load in, but never had to in the past.

OK, Good luck in finding the issue(s).

:cool:
Slowly shakes ones head and walk away in to the sunset....

rubybree
26-06-2017, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the advice Viking, as I didn't install it and it was a cheap supermarket unit anyway, I did walk away from it in the end.

Sparkletron
27-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Mate it's most likely got to do with the charge.
If it's an inverter unit you can't really guess the charge in.
I'd say it's actually low on gas.

rubybree
27-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the info Sparkletron.