PDA

View Full Version : refrigeration stress

wellcold
09-12-2001, 07:36 AM
Stress of refrigeration

Under pressure? It’s a stinking hot summer and you’re sweating it out driving to your next service call that are coming in thick and fast. Perhaps you are reordering your service call list and prioritising who is closest to you on the mobile.
Is the she who is to be obeyed complaining that your working late. Is she less then understanding when you get a late night call out.
Are you tired of being stuck in city jams and it seems that every house has already got a car parked in front of it night or day.

Whatever happened to the fridge man job in the Bahamas, coconuts and hula hula girls?
First signs of stress is daydreaming or is that stress relief?

The most amazing refrigeration thing I ever saw was a Transylvanian city in 1990 where all the commercial shop refrigeration was switched off. Weird ey ! Take for example a butchers cold room (switched off) a van turns up full of chickens and suddenly a horrendously long queue appears and all the stock sold, so there was no need to use the cold room.

I figured that there would be a lot of regassing work to be done there. It all sounds bizarre but you could go into a shop and find every shelf stocked with pickled something or other. Pickled tomatoes one month and pickled something else the next.
They had the refrigeration equipment but no need to use them.

Refrigeration can lead you into weird if not wonderful places.

spencerroberts
10-12-2001, 10:27 AM
Good stuff Wellcold, that sounds like trance induction (hypnosis) for Fridge Engineers... :-)

frank
11-12-2001, 09:59 PM
Are we sad or what? I bet any one of you that, when you go anywhere - either shopping on the weekend with the wife or on holiday - you are always looking at the local install of either condensing unit or cold room or serve over or dairy display and thinking - hey - I could do better! - definately sad - I know I do!!:p

Brian_UK
13-12-2001, 12:53 AM
Oh, I've been doing that for years, walk into a shop, look at the ceiling and then the goods.

Mike Hopkins
13-12-2001, 04:56 AM
Guilty here too, riding by buildings or in shops with the family,
looking here and there to see what's providing the cooling.
Or worse yet driving by a job and staring off mumbling to oneself
to hear the wife say what are you talking about. I gave up long ago to accept that the ***** gets in your blood and takes over
your brain and manipulating your thoughts. Vacation time I think.

Mike Hopkins