PDA

View Full Version : Microm controls

750 Valve
08-12-2001, 04:51 PM
Has anybody had a problem with Microm supermarket case and pack controllers constantly losing their settings or locking up? We use them in Australia, the problem seems to have occurred only in the last couple of years. Microm has supplied "voltage droppers" ( a resistor wired in series with the controller's supply) as they claim that the problem is caused by a higher than design voltage, or fluctuating voltages overheating the internal transformer which in turn causes the chip (located above tranny) to overheat and lose settings.
Our power supply 240 volts, 50 Hz, with voltage dropper fitted the controls are supplied with 220 volts. I find the voltage idea a bit hard to accept due to the wide number of systems in varying locations and if it is true than why not build more reliable equipment if you know what the problem is! Anybody had any experiences?

reabottdiehard
29-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Has anyone heard of a Guardian 636T controller ??

WebRam
29-02-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.guardian-controls.com/PDFs/636T.pdf

:)

750 Valve
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
I honestly can't believe this control system is still around today...

andyrobbo
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
If microm wasnt around we wouldnt be able to afford to put tyres on our Porshes now would we Scientist

Andy
02-03-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.guardian-controls.com/PDFs/636T.pdf

:)

Des,

the menu looks like the Barker cse controllers used abot 10 years ago?

Kind Regards Andy:)

fowlie
04-03-2008, 12:48 AM
NRC used to fit these to all their packs and cases for tescos they werent as easy as the elm but far more reliable,still alot around used to loose address alot on the pack controllers ithink they were RC622.the case ones the636/635 were prone to loose there time clocks and you would need to reset times or change the boards.

750 Valve
11-03-2008, 04:37 AM
If microm wasnt around we wouldnt be able to afford to put tyres on our Porshes now would we Scientist

pugsley driving a porsche... yeah right!! :D you guys up north must be on a good wicket, may have to get on that there gravy train...

chillled
12-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Never had many problems with 635/636/1089/1289s, lost their addresses now and again and didn't like water.

petewa
13-03-2008, 12:52 PM
hey there pugsley! thats a central coast name isn't it? i've got a newcastle/gosford/uncle brad name...POOCHIE WOOCHIE

750 Valve
15-03-2008, 04:19 AM
in the words of pauline hansen..... "please explain"

yes it was his name in his junior days given to him on installs

Grizzly
15-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Has anybody had a problem with Microm supermarket case and pack controllers constantly losing their settings or locking up? We use them in Australia, the problem seems to have occurred only in the last couple of years. Microm has supplied "voltage droppers" ( a resistor wired in series with the controller's supply) as they claim that the problem is caused by a higher than design voltage, or fluctuating voltages overheating the internal transformer which in turn causes the chip (located above tranny) to overheat and lose settings.
Our power supply 240 volts, 50 Hz, with voltage dropper fitted the controls are supplied with 220 volts. I find the voltage idea a bit hard to accept due to the wide number of systems in varying locations and if it is true than why not build more reliable equipment if you know what the problem is! Anybody had any experiences?

Hi Guys.
I don't know if it is relevant.
But We have from time to time.
Had some of the Chiller Controllers Loose some of their control settings.

One of the manufacturers York Technical (Thanks Guys) advised fitting a Power supply filter.
On the incoming mains.

They said much the same also adding that the addition of aerials within the area can turn formerly good units into rogue ones!

And YES fitting the filter has cured the problem!!!

Cheers Grizzly