PDA

View Full Version : Ducasa Aircon Model PAR BC N 1421 Error Code H6

richy96
11-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Hi guys
first off let me just say I am not an aircon technician, I am an electronics repair engineer who normally fixes TVs, Amplifiers, Club lighting, Laptops etc to component level (not board swapping). I also worked in industrial control electronics repair for a few years.

I'm now living on Gran Canaria and someone asked me if I would look at their aircon as they have been told it has a faulty logic board and have been quoted €500 to fix it.

I had a look at it.... basically it turns on wit hthe remote control and works - it's blowing refrigerated air and the vent is oscillating up and down - all works fine until after a short time (somewhere between 30secs and a minute) it stops and displays an error code H6

It will not restart unless you disconnect the 220V mains supply, then switch it back on again. Then it repeats the same procedure.

Though I have no experience of aircon repair, I would say that:

all the major parts of the system are OK (because it does work)

the fault is not some component overheating as it works for the same length of time each time it is powered up

This doesn't seem like some logic board/microcontroller type fault to me - it's behaving more like some sort of sensor detecting a fault, or some sensor not working properly and detecting an erroneous (fake) fault. Sure it could be a sensor input on the logic board (opto isolator or some such) that is faulty rather than the sensor itself, but that should be fixable

I feel I could get a little further with this but having googled the model and H6 error code I am not finding any information on what it is trying to tell me

Could anyone advise please

Rich

FaultCode
11-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Nearest I can find is that Ducasa is a Spanish badged Gree AC unit.

Going by the Gree error codes, H6 relates to an indoor fan problem, no guarantees but might be worth checking.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.giz.de/expertise/downloads/gree2011-en-ac-installation-service-manual.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwias9OVwujTAhUJCsAKHUQCA3IQFgh3MA8&usg=AFQjCNHpRBFb9QpYew9Qq_tY88HJey2zCA&sig2=0S_lHzTtVxb70V0CoQXOMg

See page 105.

richy96
11-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the reply

Would a photo of the aircon unit help to narrow it down or confirm?

richy96
12-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Here is a photo I took of the label if that assists

richy96
12-05-2017, 06:23 PM
I had the owner check for me - he says the aircon looks like the pictures in the Gree manual but the remote is completely different - see attached.

The fact the error code could relate to the indoor fan is helpful.

The indoor fan PG motor is obviously working as the aircon blows cold air into the room but it could be the signal/voltage from the fan sensor (which is on a different cable to the fan motor drive) is either not there, i.e. problem with motor, or there is a problem with the cable or connection to the logic board, or a problem on the logic board.

I asked the owner to time the aircon and from pressing the remote control button it always takes exactly 1min 9secs before it shuts down

Don't know if that helps to confirm the identity of this unit. Otherwise I just have to take it apart and see if the logic board looks like the one in the Gree manual